Newark Park : Portrait or Landscape - make your choice!

Landscape or Portrait ? Which do you prefer?

• Landscape

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Portrait

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
Of the two I prefer the portrait and have voted accordingly. I do find the verticals on this shot though eye watering and in my opinion not pleasing. I liked the extra sky in the portrait shot, lovely blue and clouds giving some interest.

Definitely the landscape - the portrait is too symmetrical - especially given the fact that the house faces off to the right - would be (or is, in the case of the landscape) better to have the house "looking" into the larger part of the picture. That said, I don't think the ~half:half balance works very well in the landscape - I think house on the left third, bottom-third would have worked better...

Just my 2p!

I voted landscape, my only explanation is that I prefer the look and feel of that photo. The portrait version has too much height (if that even makes sense)

you forgot square

For me it has to be the landscape, the reason why is that it portrays an sense of majesty to this lovely building, situated on a hill in vast lands. My eye seems to start at the building travel anticlockwise and down through the v in the grass over to the right and then back down through that big white cloud to the house. its almost as though everything converges there.

The portrait on the other hand makes me just ask hmm whats so bad to the sides that its been pulled in close, and the sky just seems to much, its nice sky but the star of the show here is the house and its sort of lost in all that sky.

seeing mr toads post i scrolled the window down a bit so as to loose some of the sky, and it does indeed look better square :)

but for my vote i went landscape :) very nice shots though :)

Of the two I prefer the portrait and have voted accordingly. I do find the verticals on this shot though eye watering and in my opinion not pleasing. I liked the extra sky in the portrait shot, lovely blue and clouds giving some interest.

My thoughts exactly.

Back