Pentax k20d sensor problem

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
I am devastated. I got K20D few weeks ago. It was great. i got rid of my k100d which I loved by the way.
Just yesterday I noticed something that looks like a bright spot, but it is quite large (several pixels). When on long exposure it even adds a line running through most of the picture. I looked at my previous photos and it developed suddenly about a week ago.
What do I do? Fix it anywhere? Send it to Pentax? What are to costs of replacing the sensor?
Oh dear...

100% crop:
6161973515_ee99d4a927.jpg

100% crop on long exposure:
6162508234_a38ea41376_z.jpg

Whole image. Spot is visible to the right of the tower, on the sky (looks like a star):
6162560892_b0b68c0d1e_b.jpg

Any advice?

There can be no meaningful answer until you tell us whether or not you bought it new or used and where from.

Thanks for the link. This however is not a hot pixel. It comprises several pixels and a line. I gave up now and will just need to photoshop every photograph I take. Sensor replacement is £300 + vat which is the price of second hand K20d :/

Where did you buy it from? It seems likely the problem was pre-existing so I'd see if you can get a complete refund and return it as faulty.

If there's no chance of a refund then check the manual and make sure there isn't a hot pixel mapping function. It might be able to map out that entire line and bright patch for you. It's worth a shot and will be less trouble than having to photoshop every single image.

I tried this pixel mapping. It reduced the point to almost invisible but the line was is stronger now. I tried to reset the options but the reset does nothing.

PS - refund is not an option.

Back