Waterdrop collisions!

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
My first post in creative photography.

Both shot on canon 550d with efs60mm macro lens and one 430ex flash with ttl lead.

I do these drops with a manual setup consisting of a dropper which is an airline valve nicked from a fish tank, this allows full control of the flow of droplets.

The base water is just plain water in a black oven tray, the droplet water has been dyed with food colouring with a drop of dishwasher rinse aid added for elasticity.

Behind the base water tray I use a sheet of white Perspex to bounce the flash back over the water.

My settings are usually 1/200th, f11-13, Iso100. Flash fired in manual mode at 1/16th to one side on ttl lead pointed at white Perspex.

Thanks, crit welcome

I really like them. I was just thinking on the way home that I want to have another go at water drop shots tonight and these have sealed it! Would love mine to be half as good as these (never tried collisions yet).

Also, great detail on your set-up, really helps other like me who haven't a clue :)

Steve

I really like them. I was just thinking on the way home that I want to have another go at water drop shots tonight and these have sealed it! Would love mine to be half as good as these (never tried collisions yet).

Also, great detail on your set-up, really helps other like me who haven't a clue :)

Steve

Thanks Steve, i find it quite difficult explaining things so I'm glad it helps!

Great shots Rob.(y)
Been fancying doing this for a while now, but even more so now that winter is well on its way.
Thanks for the short but very precise and easy to understand set up:clap:

Fantastic, well done.

As said, thanks for the details. Gives us an idea of how to do it. (y)

Back