The Peleng has landed !

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

The peleng 8mm has landed, wow is this thing wide !, had a quick play with it today using the 1D mk II, took a shot with the 17-40mm (at 17mm) then took pretty much the same shot with the 8mm played with it a little in photoshop to get rid of the black corners and here's the results !.

Can't wait to really try it out in anger, but on first impressions I'm REALLY pleased with it, sharpness, colour and contrast aren't upto 'L' standards but it aint an 'L', and for what it cost I think it's amazing !.

Comments most welcome.

Alan

here it is one the 1D

peleng1.jpg

17mm shot

17mmt.jpg

8mm out of camera

p8t.jpg

8mm processed

p8tcrop.jpg

I'm really interested in getting a fisheye lens.
Can I ask where you got it from?

And also, reading up about it, apparently, it catches on the mirror of certain cameras... Has this been an issue for your camera?

lol ok there was about 15 minutes between the shot with and without fiesta (it's the wifes car, I won't trust her with mine she's only just passed her test !).

foodpoison, I got it from kiev camera in america via ebay £155 inc postage took 10 days to get here, no problems with mirror clashes on either the 1D mk II or my 350D, works great on both.

Alan

lol ok there was about 15 minutes between the shot with and without fiesta (it's the wifes car, I won't trust her with mine she's only just passed her test !).

foodpoison, I got it from kiev camera in america via ebay £155 inc postage took 10 days to get here, no problems with mirror clashes on either the 1D mk II or my 350D, works great on both.

Alan

Could I get a link?

Hi all!

I am picking up this old thread about peleng fisheye lens because I am deciding on purchasing one right now. I have a Nikon d80 and I do not know if the lens will work on my camera. Does anybody know or has used peleng 8mm on a nikon d80?

Thanks in advance

Back