weekly Summer's 52 - week 51 negative

Name
Summer
Edit My Images
Yes
I will change the title as the weeks go on, or when I add the shot for that week

Week 1 : Direction (bottom of this post)
Week 2 : Fear
Week 3 : sigh
Week 4 : sweet
Week 5 : secure
Week 6 : Industry
Week 7 : Root
Week 8 : Handmade
Week 9 : Money
Week 10 :Win
Week 11 :Shiny
Week 12 :magical
Week 13 :vice
Week 14 :Entrance
Week 15 :soft
Week 16 :Pride
Week 17 :short
Week 18 :flight
Week 19 :authority
Week 20 :Leave
Week 21 :random
Week 22 :temperature
Week 23 :abstract
Week 24 :symmetry
Week 25 :PAGE 18
Week 26 :Joy
Week 27 :small
Week 28 :straight
Week 29 :letter
Week 30 :contrast
Week 31 :mineral
Week 32 :dark
Week 33 :Time
Week 34 :body (art)
Week 35 :liquid
Week 36 :UP
Week 37 :Duo
Week 38 :flow
Week 39 :Friendship
Week 40 :change
Week 41 :natural
Week 42 :AGE
Week 43 :spread
Week 44 :together
Week 45 :pack
Week 46 :art
Week 47 :colour
Week 48 :shadow
Week 49 :glow
Week 50 :round
Week 51 :negative
Week 52 :

deep breath

here I go :D

week 1 - direction

I took quite a few different shots at different angles, and also tried different PP. I guess it's quite a boring subject lol, plus the light was poor and the colour of the stone left very little contrast against the grass

but here it is, a trig point next to the horse folly at Farley's Mount in Winchester

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/53121582@N03/6607243647/]

trig point by moominmama, on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:
Good to have you on board Summer...best of luck with your 52 challenge...hard work , irritating at times but addictive & good fun.Look foward to seeing your shots (y)

thanks girls, it will be interesting to see my skill develop (hopefully ha ha)

thanks Micheal. I know what I will do for wk 1 but it involves using the car so I will have to get up early tomorrow to take my hubby to work, and it has to be a nice day - see, it's started already lol - getting up early on my day off, pah!

it's been a mixed start, I didn't get up so I don't have the car, but I found what I need within a cycle ride so if the wind ever dies down I'll be happy :banana:

ha ha well today we cycled to the 'spot' with dog in trailer, had to get hubby to collect the dog cos she wouldn't stop whining to be out (she's too old to run with the bikes now but she wants to run anyway), got very wet in the process, I had an off, and we couldn't find the bloomin thing - so off to another spot tomorrow where I know there's one for definite, phew

Fair play to ya!

I've narrowed my idea down to 2, one I need to find it first, but has to be the right way round and shape and of course all the ones I can find are wrong so far and of course it's an outdoor shot so I need specific conditions.

The second I can do in the comfort and warmth of the house but one of the props I need has gone missing and I know if I buy another it'll suddenly appear!!

Damn it's not showing up as new because I edited it lol, ok so let's see if this works...

Yes that works for me, was getting intrigued with your comments about needing the car and getting up early,
Now the picky bit :shrug:, looks like it needs straitening up a tad and the right ring is in focus but not the left, but love the idea

thanks Trevor, when I got it on the PC I also thought that I should have taken it from the other side so the 'Y' would look like an arrow pointing away, also get the corners lined up to look like a diamond/arrow

there's supposed to be one within Basingstoke which is where we cycled to, couldn't find it tho

thanks Michael, I did try some fancy pp on that one, not sure it worked too well :)

Hi Summer,

I too prefer the 2nd shot.
The DOF keeps you looking at the trig point, which is the object of the theme, but I think I'd prefer the shot with the BG more in focus.

The BG also looks very grain, but I notice your ISO was 100, so is it the PP you've done?

Final niggle, I'd crop a little off the bottom of the frame too.

Good luck with the 52 and Happy New Year

Neil

Interesting start. BG in #2 is a bit odd :thinking:

On both, the orientation is a tad out. I'd like to be able to look across the metal bits :thinking: so they are all lined up, if you know what I mean.

Cheers and subsribed

thanks everyone, now itching to know what the next theme will be :banana:

Just when I thought I has seen enough photos of open books for a life time this comes along, very well thought out and love the lighting.

I also like the way that the cross appears solid and yet the shadow cast looks as if it should be hollow.

Nice work Summer :)

thanks Roly, I had lots of ideas but not enough time and my fave one won't work (whhhaaaa) then I had an 'epiphany' last night and came up with this

thanks Alex, it took me ages to get that cross to stay still, in the end I just put the camera on continuous and hoped to get one with it facing the right way

The lighting is great on this especially as its your first go at it. I also like the shadow from the cross as its not solid like the cross!

Well done and i look forward to looking at your next 50!!

Well done, good interpretation.

thanks Sarah and Gramps :)

thanks Michael, the Big yin has inspired me. I might try this painting lark again soon :banana:

I love the cross and the shadow great take on theme, and very well executed no pun intended

Like the processing on this one. I like the different shadow on the cross as it really gets you thinking. ;)

Spooky. Reminds me of a scene in The Exorcist.

Good use of lighting to emphasis the subject and the cross works really well, especially the shadow.

I'd like a bit more detail in the beads.

Cheers.

Back