weekly Tyredout2's 52 challenge 2012 #9 "Money"

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Well there's always a first time for everything so I'm going to give it a go , not sure how far i will get as work gets a bit crazy somethimes though.

I'm going to give myself 5 Jokers to cover holidays , and at the moment I'm down to 2 lenses :- siggy 17-70mm f2.8-4 DC MACRO OS & 70-300mm f4-5.6 L IS USM so that will probably add to the challange...

Wish me luck.....

Cheers

Steve

Week 1 Direction
Week 2 Fear
Week 3 Sigh
Week 4 Sweet
Week 5 Secure
Week 6 Industry
Week 7
Week 8 Handmade
Week 9 Money
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13
Week 14
Week 15
Week 16
Week 17
Week 18
Week 19
Week 20
Week 21
Week 22
Week 23
Week 24
Week 25
Week 26
Week 27
Week 28
Week 29
Week 30
Week 31
Week 32
Week 33
Week 34
Week 35
Week 36
Week 37
Week 38
Week 39
Week 40
Week 41
Week 42
Week 43
Week 44
Week 45
Week 46
Week 47
Week 48
Week 49
Week 50
Week 51
Week 52

Last edited:
Welcome to the madhouse Steve....interesting pair of lenses ....look forward to seeing your images....have fun (y)

70-700 that should give some good options!
Look forward to seeing what you produce.

Welcome to the madhouse Steve....interesting pair of lenses ....look forward to seeing your images....have fun (y)

Thanx blondie...hopefully there will be some fun involved.

70-700 that should give some good options!
Look forward to seeing what you produce.

70-700....just something i knocked up in the garage lol.... should have been 70-300..

Cheers

Steve

Well here's the first offering , i had something in mind but couldnt get it to work out (couple of shots on my Flickr) so as i stood there scratching my head i spotted this one well actually there were loads but these two made more sense and a better shot , hopefully someone will agree ??

6607275179_c57b721c9a.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Love the abstract look of this Steve its really good but I wonder how it would look being a line of footprints on an empty beach disappearing into the distance (y)

I wonder how it would look being a line of footprints on an empty beach disappearing into the distance (y)

Me too, although this fits the theme I can't help feeling a trail would look more interesting.

Love the abstract look of this Steve its really good but I wonder how it would look being a line of footprints on an empty beach disappearing into the distance (y)

Was thinking the same thing IMHO, just to add a bit to the depth of the photo.
But saying that, I do like the simplistic nature of this shot. So well done, and good luck in the future weeks.

Me too, although this fits the theme I can't help feeling a trail would look more interesting.

Me too.

I like the idea, but the gap between the first and second footprint has left a lot of dead space. Being picky, I'd like to see the same texture across the sand, lower left is difference. I'm being very picky mind you.

I always prefer to see the Flickr link so I can click and view larger.

Nice start and good luck (y)

Was thinking the same thing IMHO, just to add a bit to the depth of the photo.
But saying that, I do like the simplistic nature of this shot. So well done, and good luck in the future weeks.

I did think the same thing and did find a nice big patch with lots of imprints but some were scuffed and double prints and it just did'nt look right so these were the result.

I like the abstract and it is definitely on theme, but (you knew there was a but ;)) I feel a shot on the horizontal plane would be more interesting.

Me too.

Where these were taken it's mostly rocks with not a great deal of nice sand so if i'd tried a different view there would have been rocks or rock pools in the shot .

I like the idea, but the gap between the first and second footprint has left a lot of dead space. Being picky, I'd like to see the same texture across the sand, lower left is difference. I'm being very picky mind you.

I always prefer to see the Flickr link so I can click and view larger.

Nice start and good luck (y)

Thanks for the comments though , it's all learning curve so maybe by week 50 they will have sunk in....

Cheers

Steve

Hi,
Nice first effort, though like previous posters, I would have thought a few more footprints would have added to the image. Also the scuffed sand in the bottom left corner is a touch distracting. Nice and sharp though, and a good interpretation of theme. Nice one!

Hi,
Nice first effort, though like previous posters, I would have thought a few more footprints would have added to the image. Also the scuffed sand in the bottom left corner is a touch distracting. Nice and sharp though, and a good interpretation of theme. Nice one!

Hiya Steve,

Firstly, well done to you for taking on this years Photo52 challenge and Good Luck.

I agree with Matty's comments above. The scuffed sand would be easy enough to smooth over.

I also think for a shot like this is may be better to capture the shot from a lower angle which provide a sense of walking into the photo .... giving a more 'action' feel to the image.

However, as has been mentioned .... a nice sharp shot with an abstractness to it.

Look forward to following your project.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Nice shot (y) Another different take on 'direction'

Thanx Chicken , i did have something else in mind which was the reason for the beach visit in the first place , just could'nt get it to look right so ended up with a totallt diderent take on it.

It needs more foot prints for my liking, but defo a nice original idea and a sharp image.

Thanx Mentalblock i tried to find sometwhere with more foot prints but nothing worked apart from this shot , i did think about putting 2 more in but decided i prefer the simple lonley look.

Cheers

Steve

Hiya Steve,

Firstly, well done to you for taking on this years Photo52 challenge and Good Luck.

I agree with Matty's comments above. The scuffed sand would be easy enough to smooth over.

I also think for a shot like this is may be better to capture the shot from a lower angle which provide a sense of walking into the photo .... giving a more 'action' feel to the image.

However, as has been mentioned .... a nice sharp shot with an abstractness to it.

Look forward to following your project.

Cheers

Hi Dawn probably shooting from a lower angle might have worked better but theres not a great deal of nice smooth sand where this was shot lots & lots of rocks & rock pools....

Part of the reason to do the 52 is to learn more about "tography" but also to try and train myself to think more about the shot . we'll see if it happens over the coming weeks.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Dawn probably shooting from a lower angle might have worked better but theres not a great deal of nice smooth sand where this was shot lots & lots of rocks & rock pools....

Part of the reason to do the 52 is to learn more about "tography" but also to try and train myself to think more about the shot . we'll see if it happens over the coming weeks.

Cheers

Steve

Hiya Steve,

You have done well with your though process for this first photo, and yes there is a lot you will learn over the coming weeks.

One of the valuable lessons will be .... composition .... and believe me the natural elements do not always play in our favour, so you may land up learning some post processing techniques too (which are not very daunting or complicated) but they do make the final image.

You are definitely onto a good start here. I can see you have the thought process and ideas to complete a very successful Photo52. And, please feel free to send me a PM or message via your thread if you require advice or help. I'm far from a professional photographer and I'm still learning along my way, but I have experienced the Photo52 challenge, which can be quite daunting at times and I just want to encourage as many folk as possible to see it through to the end.

The sense of accomplishment is fantastic!

Good luck!

Cheers

Hiya Steve,

You have done well with your though process for this first photo, and yes there is a lot you will learn over the coming weeks.

One of the valuable lessons will be .... composition .... and believe me the natural elements do not always play in our favour, so you may land up learning some post processing techniques too (which are not very daunting or complicated) but they do make the final image.

You are definitely onto a good start here. I can see you have the thought process and ideas to complete a very successful Photo52. And, please feel free to send me a PM or message via your thread if you require advice or help. I'm far from a professional photographer and I'm still learning along my way, but I have experienced the Photo52 challenge, which can be quite daunting at times and I just want to encourage as many folk as possible to see it through to the end.

The sense of accomplishment is fantastic!

Good luck!

Cheers

Thanx for the encouragement , but i think you have more faith in my abilities than i do , i'm looking forward to the challenge though.

Cheers

Steve

Thanx for the encouragement , but i think you have more faith in my abilities than i do , i'm looking forward to the challenge though.

Cheers

Steve

Not at all, think on the positive and if I can be of help and encouragement to get you through .... I will be there pal.

D :)

You might regret this offer lol....;)

Steve

Not at all Steve, if I can be of help I will be there to support you. Believe me ..... I know how challenging it can be, and a bit of a kick up the butt is just what I needed at times.

So please, if it is what you need to get you through the 52, drop me a PM any time and I will try to help you.

All the best!

D :)

Hi Steve...taken me a while to find your thread as there's so bloomin' many to work through !

Like your thought process for Direction...all idea's have been mentioned ie angle so I'll just say...good start & I look forward to seeing your next 51 weks :clap:

Hi Steve...taken me a while to find your thread as there's so bloomin' many to work through !

Like your thought process for Direction...all idea's have been mentioned ie angle so I'll just say...good start & I look forward to seeing your next 51 weks :clap:

Thanx Blondie . I'm itching to get on with the next one now, it's going to be a long week....

Cheers

Steve

Back