weekly Ajophotog's 2012 52 "Symmetry" added to Post 471

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Trying this as my photography has hit a block and I've lost my way with it somewhat lately. Hopefully this will kick-start me again.

4 Jokers
Shots taken with any camera, any lens and or phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done :clap: look forward to seeing the pics.

Thanks for the encouragement peps and yes I tried the macro thing but got bored Trev :D

Nice one Alby, good luck with it.

I woke up this morning thinking about Giving a 52 a crack too ;)

Good luck, I went out this morning to get my shot and really enjoyed not just snapping at anything and having to think about the theme (y)

Thanks again chaps for the encouragement, hope I don't lose interest this time. I felt I needed to take something on after a tough year last year with one thing and another, my photography has definitely suffered.

Well this is the first one to get me up and running.
I used "direction" as a command to try and show directional movement through the lens.
Method: Handheld slow exposure twisting the zoom at the same time as the shutter is open (for anyone that hasn't worked it out).

Title: "Which way to the bog? Quick" :D
6611952063_fb7fb4839c_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would have liked to see something in focus in the middle for this effect, not bad though (y)

That's nice in a wacky weird/different sort of way :)
Yes I thought so Beth :D
Think i will agree with Beth, just thinking that this is what your eyes were seing this morning :LOL:
Like the morning after could have been after the Porthmadog Pub crawl Trev :LOL:
Nice first image Alby. If it wasn't for unsettling year I am about to have with new job and relocation I would join you in this challenge.

Good luck i will keep watching this thread closely.
Good luck to you Jon on your move and life changes. ;)
I rather like that , certainly a different take on the theme.

Cheers

Steve
Thanks Steve. ;)

It has a quite ghostly feel to it.

Draws me in.

Tad off the top for me.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy ;)
:crying:I'm so sorry to see you've got bored with macro Alby. You were the best and my inspiration.
Hi Barbara, Thanks for the kind words. I struggled a bit last year getting about after my ankle surgery so all my photography when down hill somewhat. I'll always put my macro photography top of my list but just struggled to move about as freely as I normally would so did very little. Maybe this year will be better. ;)

Hi Alby, I am also sad to see no macro but am sure you will delight us all the same.
I really like the idea of this and but find the angle at the end of the hall way a bit distracting, not that you can do much about rebuilding for a photo! Can't wait to see the rest. :)

I like it for three main reasons. The first is its a completely original take on the theme. The second is that you've stretched and tried a completely different technique outside your comfort zone, and the third is that you've achieved a great picture of how christmas looks when you've drunk too much xmas sherry ;)

Nice to see you up and about again Alby, good luck with your 52, looks like it off to a good start - very ghostly feel to the image

Happy new year to you and your family

Graham

really effective shot Alby :) and the title is perfect!!!
look forward to seeing more
M
x

Thanks all, I don't have a drink too often but yes I'm sure I've felt like this photo before once or twice. :D
Happy new year to you and yours too Graham. ;)

Fear, well I don't really know. I have taken this theme to have a play with a bit of PP and come up with this. I might post something else without the extreme pp if I can think of something more original later in the week. But for now:

Title: "Be afraid, very afraid"
6654967053_ca84a7d0ea_b.jpg

Now i wish i could PP like that, brilliant!

Back