Gallery and image size increase on Talk Photography!

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
As some of you may have already noticed, we have decided to increase the image size limits both on the forums, AND on your FREE Gallery webspace.

The new limits are now :

Images in posts :

1024pix along the longest edge
No file size limit (unless hosted on the TP Gallery)

Images on the TP Gallery :

1024pix dimensions, along the longest edge (Increased from 800)
200k File size (Increased from 160k).

This is all for free dont forget ;)

If you have any queries, please let one of the staff know and we'll try our best to help you out.

Kind Regards

Marcel

Gonna have to get use to turning bookmarks off to see these damn big photos :) :p

Yep, it was just in the middle of the transition, I'd left one setting 'unset' while I tinkered with the limits.

You still have 16 meg of storage space, completely free :)

(y) Good man, Good value :D

Nope we just whip matty harder.

And you're sure that this is free?.

just stumbled across this
well done chaps and hamsters!

Hmm, 1024 on the longest side. How many users will be able to see a portrait image 1024 high on their monitors? Even full screen on my 20" panel means I have to scroll to see the image.

If you were showing someone a print would you put it behind a mount and then ask them to move it up and down to see the image? :nuts: :bang: :bonk:

Hmm, 1024 on the longest side. How many users will be able to see a portrait image 1024 high on their monitors? Even full screen on my 20" panel means I have to scroll to see the image.

If you were showing someone a print would you put it behind a mount and then ask them to move it up and down to see the image? :nuts: :bang: :bonk:

I'm keeping portraits at 700px high and landscapes 850px wide. I checked the stats on my photoblog and as 27% still use 1024x768 I don't want to suddenly alienate them.

Back