weekly Slimbean007's Photo52 2012 **** CATCH UP WEEKS 3,4,5 ADDED ****

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey People! I'm running stupidly late on things due to work commitments but things are getting back to normal so heres weeks 3, 4 & 5....

My take on week five of photo 52, the theme is 'Secure'

Keep out of my shed!

Photo52: Week 05 - Secure by Cross Blackberry, on Flickr

My take on week four of photo 52, the theme is 'Sweet'

Nothing sweeter than the nasty stuff called sugar which I love and hate!

Photo52: Week 04 - Sweet by Cross Blackberry, on Flickr

My take on week three of photo 52, the theme is 'Sigh'

A big sigh when the bills keep coming through the post!

Photo52: Week 03 - Sigh by Cross Blackberry, on Flickr

My take on week two of photo 52, the theme is 'Fear'

I wanted to try and give the perspective of fear but due to work commitments and the lack of day light hours etc I didnt have time to go and shoot the idea I had in my mind! So I decided to shoot an object that seems to fill the majority of people with fear! And often lots of it!

Photo52: Week 02 - Fear by Cross Blackberry, on Flickr

My take on week one of photo 52, the theme is 'Direction'

This was taken at the Rosary Road Chalk mine in Norwich. Not sure when it was actually dug, but other mines around Norwich have been dated back to the 11th Century!

This mine is on the former Norwich City Football Club Ground Site, "The Nest", which the club between 1908 and 1935!

"The Nest" stood derelict for until after the war. It was occupied for a time by Bertram Books’ factory and other offices, but is now a building site for a housing development.

Over the years the mines have been utilised for many different things including Soldier training, an air raid shelter and a brewery store!

I would imagine this wall was put up when it was used as an air raid shelter.

Photo52: Week 01 - Direction by Cross Blackberry, on Flickr

(y)

Last edited:
Well done, it was worth the wait!!:LOL::LOL:

I really like this photo and like the way it leads your eye. I'd love to know where the exit is!! It's good to have a history to go with it as well!

Well done, it was worth the wait!!:LOL::LOL:

I really like this photo and like the way it leads your eye. I'd love to know where the exit is!! It's good to have a history to go with it as well!

Thanks for the lovely comment Sarah, I did take some more pictures while I was down there, I will sort them out in the next couple of weeks, I'm currently up to my eyeballs with work :crying:

:agree:

Very good shot. There has been some really high quality pictures and its only week 1!

Thanks Chicken!

I was really pleased with the out come too! You are right about the high standard which has already been set! I only hope I can maintain the standard for the remaining 51 weeks :):):)

Hi James...nice start to your 52 project....well spotted & shot (y) Simple yet very effective , do you have any other shots of same ? Just wondering if a narrower angle showing more of where the sign was pointing to would also work ( if that makes sense )?

Best of luck for the next 51 weeks...keep up the good work :)

Please remember to update the spreadhseet if you don't mind...makes it far simpler to track whos where & done what....the link is in the 1st post of the thread where the new themes are posted...I've updated wk's 1 & 2 for you :)

Last edited:
Clear, simple, and fits the theme perfectly... I like it.

Nice ones James. Simple but great shots that fit the theme.

Fear – Definitely within theme

Sigh – We all sigh when those bills come through the door. Well thought out.

Sweet – Good lighting and DoF

Secure – Again good use of DoF

Back