Chesterton Windmill

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
1 and 3 capture the esscence of the windmill...3 being the better
good silhouette shot and with som interest in the sky, just a touch more land on the left...can be cloned in no problem
cheers
geof

Lovely images James, you have captured some good sky's/colour, Maybe a crop in 1 of the weeds and a little warmth in P+P to the sky to highlight those wonderful rays :)

Kevin (y)

for one moment I thought you might have been the tripod guy in my shot. Seems you had much better light than me :clap:

No, it wasn't me Summer. I only live 5 minutes away and thus was the first time I have ever been. I should be ashamed of myself.
I will be going there on a more regular basis though. Maybe I can get a decent shot soon

Jason

Nice shots...In No1 I might have tried to get the mill on the left with the rays coming from the right onto the mill.

The special morning/evening light is the best at this sight (IMHO) to help colour up the Mill and any surroundings you can find to get in there as well.
Keith

There are limited vantage points there due to the farmers field but I take your point.

These were taken mid to late afternoon and there aren't many surroundings.

I will be back there very soon

Jason

Hi Jason...yes I know all about the limited surroundings etc here thats why I said about the light being the make or break feature for something different.
Being on the brow of the hill does limit any scope for experimenting with comp etc.
Keith (y)

Those are valid points. It was as much an exercise in learning about my camera and lighting as anything else.

Just got to learn from it

Jason

Back