Where in the world are you??

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Saw this on a email group i am a member of...

There is a site for groups/forums whatever to add themselves to a google map so other members can see where on the globe you are.

So I hit the 'create a group' button.

Here is the Talk Photography map site . Its all beta and free to create so it does not matter if it falls flat :)

If the admin here would like the password for the 'site' you can have it :)

You can use the 'add yourself' link. Seems you need 'name' 'city' and 'shout out' all completed or it does not work. You can add a picture if you want too.

I set it to be zoomed on the whole world. Zoom in and drag the map for better detail.

So where are you?

Edited to update URL

hey thats cool......ive seen something similar before, wasnt on AVF was it?

I would imagine it will be everywhere soon. No. Have to admit I look at AVF now and again out of curiosity but only to see how poor the photo forum is :)

I've planted my flag in the sand :)

Warspite said:
I've planted my flag in the sand :)

BBBBrrrrrrr ...sounds cold.....although I expect the young girls are still in Summer outfits on the nights out ;) ...ours just eat carrots round here :LOL:

DJW said:
BBBBrrrrrrr ...sounds cold.....although I expect the young girls are still in Summer outfits on the nights out ;)

I have been to Newcastle - amazing place. They were not wearing as much as that last time I was there :icon_eek:

I lived in county durham for a few years, top totty and top people!!

adding my flag now...

Any objection if I upload tpflogo.gif to the 'site' ?

Stuck my name on there too.............interesting to see where everyone resides.

We have a similar thing on Pistonheads, great for sorting out meets ;)

I'm all alone in chestershire by the looks of things :(

The first Northern Ireland member (I think) registered :thumb:

Added myself too.

Not too keen on the way it takes it upon itself to decide which street you live on.
Doesn't bother me know, I know the street where it thinks I live, and I'm gonna go round in the morning and break the bad news to them that they have to move out...nice house too..I look forward to moving in :D

It didn't like my postcode her in Germany so I just used the town/city. Will it not accept a close area for you?

Maybe a link from the front page might be in order?...and a sticky in the welcome section for new members to add themselves?

That's a great Idea.

If EosD doesn't pick up on it today I will have a look at sorting it tonight when I get a minute.

Linky i can do! special little box for it all on its own ok?

Planted muh flag! :icon_cool

It's only a couple of miles from where I live, but at least I'm not living in the middle of a railroad track like Noah!! :icon_eek:

Marcel said:
Not too keen on the way it takes it upon itself to decide which street you live on.

LOL... your lucky, according to the "map" there arn't ANY streets where I live, just a big grey space :ponders:

EosD said:
Linky i can do! special little box for it all on its own ok?

Was more thinging of a "welcome box" with that in, a link to the "where are you" and also a bit of info about the free gallery space we offer to members. Three in one and a nice welcome so to speak.

Perhaps it's not a good idea to show your actual street in view of the fact we probably own enough kit between us to finance the next deep space probe?

CT said:
It's only a couple of miles from where I live, but at least I'm not living in the middle of a railroad track like Noah!! :icon_eek:

i always wondered where that noise came from :ponders: :D

Liberalis said:
:( Wont add me ...

Did you fill in the 'shoutout' message box as well? Took me a while to realise you need all 3 boxes filled or it just ignores you.

ok i can do that, leave it with me!

I live quite close to a number of people actually, with Marcel living down the road from me :D

eww, it's put me about a mile from where i live but on a horrible estate :(

If anyone has not noticed... if you click on the 'satellite' button you get an aerial photo view - which in some areas will zoom in to quite high detail.

I'd not bothered to look look at the detailed location, but now after looking at it on both the normal map and the satellite image I'm very happy with it.

No one will look at it and nick my kit because my actual location is approx 5 miles in a different direction :D

Back