First bird post. Little Bittern / Hoopoe / Chiff Chaff/ Azure Winged Magpie + more

ACW

Edit My Images
Yes
Apart from a thread to ID a Partridge (how embarrassing,) these are the first bird photos I've posted up, so comments and critique will be appreciated :)

I just wish I could have got lower down in a lot of pictures, as they seem to be from above, but because of the way a lot of the lagoons were made, they are sunk, with all standing spots being roughly 1 metre above water level.

These are all from the past week, before that I'd never really photographed a bird before. In the past week I managed to spot / ID (with help from the internet) 34 types, there are a few I could ID though which I'm going to post later and see if someone can help me :) The IDs might be wrong so please correct me if they are.

Before the past week I was never really into birds, but I am now, and am off to Centre Parcs tomorrow for the week where they have what's apparently quite a good bird hide, so any tips I get I can use there, probably wont spot any of the birds above though.

Anyway life story over, here's a few of them.

ACW

Hoopoe by ACW#, on Flickr

European Chiff Chaff by ACW#, on Flickr

Azure Winged Magpie by ACW#, on Flickr

Greater Flamingo by ACW#, on Flickr

Little Bittern by ACW#, on Flickr

Adam

Last edited:
the "Pied Osprey" is actually an Avocet.

some lovely pictures there, well done!

Pelly said:
the "Pied Osprey" is actually an Avocet.

some lovely pictures there, well done!

Thank you :)

I had avocet written down but didn't check my list when naming them! It's the bird which is the rspb logo isn't it! Thanks, I feel a bit silly now! Is the pied bit right?

Last edited:
Big Andy said:
No just Avocet. Where were these taken?

Ok thank you.

These were all in and around Ria Formosa park, in the Algarve. We were staying in Quinta Do Lago. Beautiful place and a silly amount of birds.

Back