Something not quite right

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
I am searching for a Nikon 500 AFS and this new listing has come up on ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nikon-Nik...=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item2a1b3c33b1

I sent a mail asking the buy it now price along with condition etc and withing 15 seconds i got a typed reply which i would expect to take longer than that to type out.Also the user name suggests- benjamin but the email suggests the name is andrew. The buy it now is £2000 which is much lower than expected.The lens location on ebay says Dudley where the email says its in Aberdeen.. So beware...This has surely got to be to good to be true.

Report it to ebay.

Lots of people have email names that don't match up to their ebay accounts. He has a reasonable amount of feedback too. But, I would have like a few more pictures and at least one of the lens out of the pouch.

If you win and pay by Paypal though, you will be covered if anything is wrong

Allan

Theres more to it...He says its a new lens where they havent been sold for several years now so its unlikely to be new.In the reply mail he says his friend can deliver the lens.. Lack of details other than the Nikon blurb, lack of pics of the lens...

Some one ask him a few questions to see if the reply is the exact same as the one i got...

BEWARE. SCAM.

I reported the same guy to eBay last week when he was trying to sell a Canon 500 which he clearly didn't own (he had copied all the pictures from a genuine auction) and a couple of other long lenses.

Report him.

(He offered me £1800 as a buy-it-now price for a mint 500, plus various extras. I mean, how stupid is that?)

Last edited:
Keep alert though, folks. He hasn't gone away. There's another thread about him here: [click].

Yes it looks like this guy doesn't know when to stop. As I'm in the market for a long lens at the moment I'm watching Ebay like a hawk. If I see anymore like this I'll definitely be reporting him to Ebay. :thumbsdown:

wippers said:
Yes it looks like this guy doesn't know when to stop. As I'm in the market for a long lens at the moment I'm watching Ebay like a hawk. If I see anymore like this I'll definitely be reporting him to Ebay. :thumbsdown:

you should report anyway.

you should report anyway.

I've just tried but as the listing is no longer there I can't. It's been completely removed, not just ended early. When you go through the Ebay Report form it won't let you continue with a non-listed item number unfortunately and I never made a note of the user name.

Did you not receive a copy of his reply in your email account as well as the original eBay message?

markyboy.1967 said:
Whats your thoughts on this one ..... he must have had both these and the last one sold--whats the chances but people are still bidding....:wacky:
Amazing.

That geezer from Peru will be selling this next as a development plot

lost-city-machu-picchu-citadel_24713_600x450.jpg

I've noticed quite a number of items being listed as ' no longer available ' this weekend, some at astoundingly low prices. As an example, a Leica KE-7A ( military version of M4 ) at £12.50 when the real McCoy goes for thousands since only 500 units were ever made. That too soon became ' no longer available '. Good to know these listings are being taken off.

Back