Just got a new camera - first shots!

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys, I'm new here and only just got a decent camera, see post >> http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=39333

I'm just getting into photography and went out for a quick mess around in the garden. Here are 8 shots that I just ran through photoshop. As I said I am a MASSIVE noobie but any tips would be much appreciated, I'm just really excitd about my camera to be honest :p

berries.jpg

Berries

buddha.jpg

Buddha

clock.jpg

Clock

flower.jpg

Flower

fly.jpg

Fly 1

//edit
fly2.jpg

Fly 2 - thanks to Dal for this idea.
//end edit

pebbles.jpg

Pebbles

pots.jpg

Pots 1

pots2.jpg

Pots 2

Hope they aren't too bad!!
-Ben

Well, from buying the camera to posting your first shots, I think you're doing really well so far!

Stick with it. There are ups and downs with photography and most of the time the downs are caused by lack of understanding. The best thing you can do is read as much as you can, ask lots of questions and above all, get out there CLICKING!!!!

(y)

That's a great start - keep that enthusiasm high (y)

Some specific comments - #1: the berry and branch are quite nice and sharp, but the background is a bit too busy, and so draws attention away - maybe try a shallower depth of field (larger aperture)? The clock shot has some lovely warm tones - very nice. A minor point - perhaps try cloning out the shadow from the middle brick?

Like the pots!

Did you plump for the 400D in the end?

Thanks for the kind words :)

Yeah I went for the 400D, its amazing! Well by my standards anyway. I expect my partner will be on here at some point with some of her stuff, its a joint presant to ourselves :p

Nice opening set, liked the Buddah and the clock....Ian

So you went for the 400D in the end then mate(y)

I see your already putting it to very good use:clap:

They are all very good shots !! Well done !

Pots 1 looks like a huge hairless testicle .. lol

lol thanks.

Anyone recommend a good idiots guide book at all? I want to learn :D

(y) nice set of shots, I like the last one best (y)
as for the idiots guide guide book, you dont need it. (y) you are doing fine so far :clap:
You could always use this site, there are brilliant photographers on here to help & advise use them :clap:

Wow thanks gibbo :) But I think I will be needing to read up on the more technical things my camera can do!!

Back