British Superbikes Brands Hatch

Name
Barry Price
Edit My Images
No
Had a day at a very Sunny Brands Hatch Yesterday, looks like its going to be another 'Stella' year for BSB.
568copy.jpg

737copy.jpg

588copy.jpg

761copy2.jpg

089copy-Copy.jpg

779copy.jpg

Cheers Barry

Hi Dex............#3 was taken at the exit of Graham Hill Bend.......had steps to shoot over the fence........with all the fences around the 'indy' circuit now I always take steps.....it just gives you a chance to shoot some different angles............Cheers Barry

Great Set, #4, #5 and #6 for me where was #4 taken. Was there myself yesterday and didnt spot that angle!

Hi Rod.........#4 was taken at Graham Hill bend with a 400mm (+Crop factor) used steps to shoot over the fence.........small positional crop.......its the first time I have tried shooting there,I like the angle and the sun is in a good position most of the day..........good spot!.........cheers Barry

Proper job Barry!

Pleased to see someone make something from Graham Hill bend, its a bit meh normally but you seem to have found a sweet spot - well done!

#2 for me, Mr elbows-down-Wilson

These are fine shots technically but they're cropped far too tight for me. IMHO this makes shots very generic. I see almost nothing to show it was at Brands.

Great set of images Bazza, although its the Indy circuit at Brands, should make a good opener for what's going to be another great BSB season of action. Just a shame with all the health and safety issues and insurance requirements that photography starting to get a bit limited at Brands unless you have a media vest, but still a fantastic circuit to watch the bikes, especially on the GP circuit

Hey Bazza, you need to updates your equipment :)

These are fine shots technically but they're cropped far too tight for me. IMHO this makes shots very generic. I see almost nothing to show it was at Brands.

Depends how well you know the circuit really :)

To me, they are quite obvious...

And if you take shots with Brands "landmarks" in them, all you get are comments like "typical Brands shot blah blah blah"

Nope, I'm with Barry in the unusual angle camp.

(y)Thanks for the Feedback Guy's
My intention for this set of Images was to show the rider 'at work' with the machine.......the colour and detail in the riders and bike was what I wanted to achieve with these shots.........but I know the kind of shot you mean Zoom.
I have tried the 'Graham Hill' bend location last year for the superbikes and I thought it was a good place to shoot with some dynamic looking pan shots........I was using a Canon 450d with a Sigma 80-400 and that combination seems to work very well..........this (Below) is one of my favourite Images from the day of Josh Brooks.....I like the colour and detail in the subject and the riders are really working out of Graham Hill bend and I have tried to capture that.........Cheers Bazza
638copy.jpg

All top notch sire and the very last shot of Mr Brookes - bang on

.DAVID.

how big are your step ladders and dont they say anything when you take them in ?
very nice shots btw

Thats an absolute cracker that last one out of interest what shutter speed was that taken at#?

Thanks David.........Yes the Brooks shot is one of my favourites.........the Suzuki looks great this year.
Kev:The steps have 4 runs and another platform to stand on......it can be a bit of a balanciing act whilst panning,just takes a bit of practice........I wouldn't use them on a busy race day........but for practice there ok.
Dex........shutter speed for the Brooks shot was 500th sec but I also took some at 400th aswell............Cheers Bazza

You'll also find that on race day the marshalls probably will tell you to pack it in too...

They get a bit more touchy about things like you being over the height of the catch fence when racing is going on.

Other than that, its a good technique - I used to use it loads!

Cracking set, Friday was the best day for weather.That is a very good spot at the bottom of Graham Hill bend, only wish I had stood there on Monday

Thanks Guy's........yes I love the look of Brooks on the Suzuki........the shutter speed for I the Brooks shot was 400th sec.......I used 400th and 500th sec for the back straight shots.........the superbikes are very quick once there out of Graham Hill Bend.
There is another location that gives you a similar shot which is the exit of surtees when the GP circuit is in use......again you need the steps and is better in the morning because of the position of the sun.........bit it is a 'dynamic' shot.........well worth the effort to get........cheers Barry
IMG_4428.jpg

Fantastic photo's, I went out yesterday to my first tract event at Oulton pk. I have a Canon 450D with a 70-300 f5.6

Any tips to help would be appriciated. I look at my shots and press BIN after these-;)

any tips on additional equipment or easy to understand mags etc, again most welcome.

A big thank you to Danny & Dave who were at the track and are members of this site. great pair of lads and I hope to meet them again soon.

Hi Duncan........my shooting set up with the 450d is shutter speed Priority (TV) I need to choose the shutter speed that is suitable for the shot I want and the speed the bikes are going.
AI SERVO for the focus mode help track the subject as it passes.
I select the middle focus point only and keep it on the subject as it passes
Keep your shutter speed up to start with just to get into the swing of it and get some practice.......you can always start dropping the shutter speed once you get practiced with the set up.
Get the light behind you and on the subject.Fill the frame with the subject.
Give it a try Duncan........but remember it does take practice..........alto of practice!!!
Cheers Barry

Hi Dave, It's Duncan from Yesterdays meet. thanks for all the help yesterday, do you have any other days planned yet? would like to meet up again

Thanks Barry,

I have put a couple of my shots from yesterday up on the fourum some where??? not too sure where as I am also new to the site. if you find them let me know what you think? always open to help.

Thank You.

Another good set of photos on here, the one of Brookes is really good but also like the one of Scassa aswell, nice set:)

Back