Nifty Fifty

Name
David Bell
Edit My Images
Yes
As Christmas approaches the question has been asked " What do you want?"
My Dilema - I have a Canon 400D with an 18-55 kit lens. Would there be any benefit in having the Canon 50mm f1.8 lens at £89.95 (Is this a Nifty Fifty?)

Yep thats the nifty fifty alright, (y) if you shop around you should get the price down to around £50-£60.
Most people have them including me they are useful additions to any kit, Super sharp
Ah but it also depends on what you like to take pictures of.

10% off if bought by 5th Dec. :)

It's a 'must have' lens in my opinion. With my 50mm 1.4 I can take hand held shots in unbelievably low light.

Kerso sells it for less than £50(y)

Deffo get it, for the price its a steal, much better image quality than the kit lens.

I say go for one too (y) I also love mine, and agree with the Kerso recommendation to save you a bit more dosh.

Jo
xxx

Is the Canon nifty fifty auto-focus? Or am i going to have to get used to manual? :(

Should have AF on there too. Never thought i would use mine but as everyone else has said its a great lens. Low level light are where you really get the use from it.

Got one on order from the local photo shop. Should be in this week.:)

Got to wait till Christmas to try it out though. :(

well i found one on ebay for £0.01 !! A bit of a bidding battle later though and its now £10.50, still a cracking price though! :)

Hope i win it...

Bought one from Kerso and I'm hoping it drops (not literally!) through the letter box today! Hurry up Mr Postie!

I'm another firm advocate of this lens. Can't go wrong with the price (mine was £64 delivered, I think), and as soon as you start taking photos in low light you'll wonder how you ever managed before. My friend swears by his 1.4, I wish I could have afforded the extra £200 odd quid :(

Nikons' version of the nifty fifty is the Nikkor 50mm 1.8 D I believe.

Which nifty fifty lens would be compatible with the D40X?

Sorry if this has already been covered.

Just so you know - a nifty fifty wont auto focus on a D40/D40x. I'm still getting one though - figure a bit of manual focus might be good for me, and when I upgrade my camera body then the auto focus will seem a luxury :D

:woot::woot::woot:

Hurrah for the posty! She's just delivered my Nifty Fifty from the nice Mr Kerso. I've only had it 2 minutes but it's fantastic for taking pics inside in low light. Unfortunately I must control myself and get some work done now but roll on this evening!

:woot::woot::woot:

Well as i guessed, i was outbidded on my £0.01 Nifty Fifty:LOL:

But Kerso to the rescue!

I shall be ordering one of his tommorow and hopefully will get it not long after recieving my New 400D :woot:

Why would you post this? It won't autofocus on anything and I'm fairly certain it won't meter on anything less than a D200.

The Nikon equivalent of the Canon 50mm f/1.8 is, rather unsurprisingly, the Nikon 50mm f/1.8.

kerso for the 1.8 50. although its his bloomin fault. i ordered another lens but he charged less than the ebay preice for the 50 and bundled it with the other lens for no extra postage.

i get my best shots with it, better than the 17-55!

Why would you post this? It won't autofocus on anything and I'm fairly certain it won't meter on anything less than a D200.

The Nikon equivalent of the Canon 50mm f/1.8 is, rather unsurprisingly, the Nikon 50mm f/1.8.

no need to sound offended haha

Nikon, i admit, is a blur to me..

Back