Rally Argentina

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
Fantastic rally! Some of the scenery is just stunning.

Comments please...

DSC_2261.jpg

DSC_2321.jpg

DSC_2370.jpg

DSC_2399.jpg

DSC_2464.jpg

Plenty more on my website

Nice shots, 2 3 and 5 are my faves, the watermark does spoil them alot though unfortuantely

Last edited:
What an appalling watermark,completely ruins the viewing .
If you are that concerned with with image theft at these sizes dont post them .

I have to say, I'm inclined to agree. I'm finding it hard to actually take in the picture as the watermark seems to draw the eye to it.

Thanks for the comments. Clearly I will need to work on my web setup:D Photos are linked to my website which I am creating from Lightroom.

Shot 1 - The guy in the blue coat in the foreground distracts your eye, try cropping it in a bit

Shot 2 - just too wide for me

Shot 3 - too much of the crowd on the left, again try cropping in on the car

Shot 4 - just seems a little 'static', almost like the ca is stopped

Shot 5 - OK, but again it's hard to work out where the action is.

Shot 1 - The guy in the blue coat in the foreground distracts your eye, try cropping it in a bit

Shot 2 - just too wide for me

Shot 3 - too much of the crowd on the left, again try cropping in on the car

Shot 4 - just seems a little 'static', almost like the ca is stopped

Shot 5 - OK, but again it's hard to work out where the action is.

Thank you

Leaving the watermark to one side,(that might help in itself :p),I kinda like the third shot,if only to highlight how close the spectators are,with the added protection of the advertising hoarding :nuts:

Liking the scenic view of the last one btw

These are a stunning set of images yes the watermark does draw your attention but I feel there are some harsh comments there and I am sure some didn't need to be so blunt there are more diplomatic ways of getting C&C over. Look forward to seeing more from you. Thanks for sharing Sharon. :cool:

2 and 3 are superb images. Personally i didn't really have an issue with the watermark. I think the opacity is just right, it is certainly not as aggressive as my watermark.

What an appalling watermark,completely ruins the viewing .
If you are that concerned with with image theft at these sizes dont post them .

agreed i didnt bother to look at them as soon as i seen that.

Thank you

No problem. I'm hoping my comments didn't come across as too harsh, they were in all honesty meant to be constructive.

I am very jealous of you being able to get there in the first place, best I'm going to get is the Rally of wales, no doubt in the P**sing rain :)

Massively jealous you got to do this event Phil! Those stages are 100% the most spectacular in the WRC.

If I was to be a tad harsh, I would say that as a whole the set is a little bit uninspiring, but I appreciate you may not have known the stages that well. #3 is by far the best shot for me.

Personally I don't think the watermark is too bad, the opacity is set low enough so that it isn't overly invasive - but the design itself might need a re-think?

Rhod

Now back in the UK so have a little more time to look at this.

Thank you for all the positive and negative comments. They all help to make you reassess your work.

Are the watermark comments too harsh? Maybe, maybe not. Although fairly transparent I agree that your eye is still drawn to the watermark. I will work on a new design.

Argentina! What a great country. The food, wine, people, scenery and rally were all first class. I highly recommend a visit.

I was part of a tour group so I was limited by in my photo opportunities.

1. The two people in the photo were friends in the group so I wanted to include them but I agree a tighter crop works better.

DSC_2261.jpg

2. Is of the famous water splash where the crowds were huge. This is an even wider shot of the location.

DSC_2354.jpg

3. Personally I like the original and the way the crowds lead you in to the car. The original is of Tanak - the first car through. After that the crowds moved further and further out so I had to change the composition. Some of you may prefer this shot.

DSC_2379.jpg

4. Yes I agree the original is rather static. This is from the same spot, same shutter speed. Just pointing in the other direction but again still too static.

DSC_2435.jpg

5. OK very little action but the scenery from the top of El Condor was stunning. My lasting memory of a great trip, now without the watermark:D

DSC_2464.jpg

Last edited:
Of the first batch...

The first shot doesn't do anything for me, mainly because of the flash exposure making everything a bit flat (exposure) and static.

Second shots is good; I like these shots that set the scene and it really shows to size of the crowds, something not always evident in many rally shots. Could do with a bit more room up top so the crowd in the top left isn't cropped off.

Third shot is nice; out of focus crowd in the foreground is good and there's a nice bit of 'rules of thirds' going on to balance the shot. Action-packed.

Fourth shot isn't doing anything for me - good exposure but too static. The action is lost.

Fifth shot again is a nice documentary shot. Shows the circus surrounding the event and although not the kind of shot you'd show first, it's a good back-up shot.

Back