HDEW Cameras, yes another one.

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning people

I have used the search button on here and finding alot of good reviews about this company.

Does anyone have anything bad to say about them?

Also as a suggestion, does the forum have a section that is 'members approved retailers' or some thing of the likes?

I am looking/wanting a Canon 24-105 f4L lens and at £650 its looking nice!

There are a few but the price difference of £100 between new and used is really not that much.
Kerso has one advertised as £629 I think on his site as a white box version.

Is kerso more preffered than a import company like hdew?

There are a few but the price difference of £100 between new and used is really not that much.
Kerso has one advertised as £629 I think on his site as a white box version.

Is kerso more preffered than a import company like hdew?

I've bought off kerso, great service & quick delivery (y)

I got a 100-400mm L from hdew this week, very happy with it, and the service they provided.

i bought my 600D from hdew a few months back , phoned them and told them what day delivery i wanted and paid , arrived as said it would and very pleased with the transaction, would recomend

The way I heard it was that HDEW's products where grey imports from HK.
Whilst this gives you a good price and the company obviously provide a good sales and delivery service it runs into issues when it comes to warranty as your warranty is with the retailer alone and not the manufacturer.

Many camera companies dont want to know when it comes to grey imports and also with Nikon bodies you cant register them in the UK and so lose the 2 year warranty they have on all bodies.

So you have to balance it out, pay a little more and buy a legitimate UK product with the full back up that entails when it comes to upgrades/repairs/warranty or save a few quid and buy the grey import accepting that you will lose those benefits.

On a personal level, no I wont buy grey imports, much as money is very tight for me I would rather.

A: Have the backup up of the manufacturers warranty/support
B: Put my money into a local dealer or Kerso's pocket.

Just bought a Canon G12 from HDEW. First class, friendly service. Quick response to emails and fast delivery.

Al

I've had a 5D2 and a 5D3 off HDEW and had great service on both. They even paid extra for a saturday delivery of the 5D3 cause they knew I needed it for the next day. Can't fault them at all, and on top of that I got a 3 year warranty as well.

What exactly is the difference in buying from HDEW or from Kerso?
I have bought from Kerso before and the service is excellent.

Both Kerso's and HDEW's cameras are grey imports so what exactly is the difference ?

Last edited:
Whilst this gives you a good price and the company obviously provide a good sales and delivery service it runs into issues when it comes to warranty as your warranty is with the retailer alone and not the manufacturer.

Many camera companies dont want to know when it comes to grey imports and also with Nikon bodies you cant register them in the UK and so lose the 2 year warranty they have on all bodies.

So you have to balance it out, pay a little more and buy a legitimate UK product with the full back up that entails when it comes to upgrades/repairs/warranty or save a few quid and buy the grey import accepting that you will lose those benefits.

On a personal level, no I wont buy grey imports, much as money is very tight for me I would rather.

B: Put my money into a local dealer or Kerso's pocket

This is why I went and got the lens from Kerso, im very happy with his service and also the £90 cashback from Canon...

As far as Canon 'L' lenses are concerned they all come with an international warranty so buying so called grey imports is no problem where ever they may come from. Things are different with Cameras though as they do not have this international warranty and will only be dealt with by the country of sales origin.

I have bought just about all my lenses from Kerso which are also 'Grey' although they now have UK invoices (they did not when I first stated using him) - at the end of the day they are all made in Japan so there should be no quality concerns. As Hdew presumably also give you an UK invoice I cannot see how this differs fro Ian (Kerso).

Last edited:
As far as Canon 'L' lenses are concerned they all come with an international warranty so buying so called grey imports is no problem where ever they may come from. Things are different with Cameras though as they do not have this international warranty and will only be dealt with by the country of sales origin.

I've been looking into this a bit recently, and according to internet hearsay (that ever reliable source!) the international warranty for L lenses stopped last September/October.

I've haven't found any categorical official statements that support this, so might be completely untrue, however would be great if anyone could confirm if the international Canon warranty still exists for these lenses or not.

Morning people

I have used the search button on here and finding alot of good reviews about this company.

Does anyone have anything bad to say about them?

Also as a suggestion, does the forum have a section that is 'members approved retailers' or some thing of the likes?

I am looking/wanting a Canon 24-105 f4L lens and at £650 its looking nice!

Even cheaper than that from Panamoz, got mine from there for £620

With HDEW you deal with them regarding warranty claims rather than Canon, so I guess its not a standard UK warranty. But i think you are probably still protected under UK trading laws.

I phoned canon who are aware of HDEW, they said they are classed as a uk seller as they sell from the uk regardless of where they source their stock and provide a uk vat receipt, there warranty is the same as lcd, jaccobs, jessops etc, plus as mentioned above you get 2 extra warranty (via 3rd party) on of the best kept secrets of camera equipment purchasers.

Be aware that HDEW don't offer an extra two year free warranty on all items.

Al

I contacted Hdewcameras a week ago regarding a Nikon lens, asked questions about warranty etc., got a swift reply which put my mind at rest. Went ahead and ordered Saturday morning, Monday received despatched confirmation, Tuesday morning at 9.10am. the lens arrived in a Nikon box with all accessories. I couldn't ask for a better service, I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

I don't see any issues with buying goods from any of them
hdew kerso digital Rev or panaomoz
just a question of who has the item you want at the best price this week
kerso if canon have a cash back offer on and the price works out cheaper
panaomoz offer 5% discount if you pay them by bt not heard of any of the other major players offering this

if you are in a hurry and need something urgently you can just drive down to Hdew and pick it up if they have it in stock

Last edited:
Hi,

Just thought I would add my bit to this post.
I normally order from Wex, because of their reputation and reasonable price and I like ordering online.

This time around however, I decided to order a 60D from Hdew cameras, as they offer unbelievable value for money. They basically offer brand new cameras at the price I would normally pay for second hand equipment.

Have received my 60D today, packaged with all the manuals etc and in brand new mint condition, within 4 days of ordering. It was in a 60D kit box (which actually normally has the kit lens as well) and the kit lens was taken out of the box as I only ordered the body, which is perfectly fine with me.

I am a convert, and will order all my equipment from them onwards. I can now order new cameras and lenses from them, and if I no longer require it knock £30 of the price I paid for it and sell it like hotcakes secondhand, no brainer.

Thanks Hdew, you have a new fan!

Back