Help picking new bag

Edit My Images
No
Hi, looking for some advice on buying a camera bag, looking for something that is big enought to hold a DSLR body and 3 lenses plus batteries & extras etc, I am looking at the crumpler Crumpler Pretty Boy Camera Backpack xxl also a second hand crumpler loyal chap & Crumpler Geekstar, has to have easy access and Comftarble enought to carry about.

Advice appreciated:)
Cheers
Mark.

I'd agree with Dave, the crumplers always seem to be small. Tamrac and Lowepro here, Cyberpack 8 backpack which holds an absolute pile of stuff.

Yeah, Crumpler bags are quite deceptive with their sizes and certainly their descriptions...

I think Jimmy_Lemon has just got an XXL with a free subscription, and he said it was smaller than expected.

Iv got a Long Schlong.. hahaha:naughty:

But it is indeed a little small, i had my 400D and a couple of len's and it was stuffed.. i need a new one now iv got the 5D and 40d.. :bang:

I have the Lowepro slingshot 300AW and can fit: body+grip with 200mm f/2.8 attached. Flash gun and three other smaller lenses (18-70, 105, 10-20) and with it's various pockets you can fit many spare memory cards, extra batteries etc. Picked it up for £65 through Amazon.

^^ I know what you mean. It will ride up a bit if you don't get the strap just right but the strap is very big if you extend it fully.

This is my Crumpler threeseven daily (M).

It has an inner padded bag, which can be removed. The main bag has loads of pockets.

This is what I regularly have in it:

Bag-1.jpg

When I pack it, I have layers:

The first layer is

Bag-2.jpg

The camera is a 400D and has the 24-70 f2.8L + hood attached. The other lenses in the bag are the nifty fifty , the Canon 24-105mm and the Sigma 10-20mm.

The next layer has
Bag-3.jpg

Flash gun and my purse.

All the filters, spare batteries and spare memory cards etc, are in the front pocket, as is a note book and pencil, lens cloth.

When the inner bag is closed, you have a huge pocket within the main flap which easily takes something A4 sized, as long as it can bend when the flap is closed.

Bag-4.jpg

Closed , it measures approx 12" wide, 10" high and 8" deep. It has a nice long strap (adjustable) and a thick shoulder pad.

I like it for day use...great for hols too, as I also got my sunglasses, passport and sunscreen in!

My other bag is a Lowerpro Minitrekker AW, which I also like, but the Crumpler gives easier access.

They don't seem to be too well known, but it might be worth having a look at Amvona's gear.... They only sell in the USA, but have an Ebay shop where new items go for large discounts. Shipping is quite expensive, but after reading a couple of posts by tiler65, I decided to go for one of their 1626 backpacks which I picked up via an Ebay auction for just $20.50 (yes, £10!!!!) + shipping (around £40).

It hasn't arrived yet, so time will tell if it's actually any good....

I have a crumpler daily as shown above and a lowpro rucksack for when i need a rucksack. I love them both.

the crumpler backpack you're looking at is pretty comfortable - it's handy because you can fit other stuff like waterproofs etc in the main compartment and unzip the divide to make one big compartment - you can also slide a laptop in the sleeve too. Will fit what you want and more as you can hold more lenses protected in the main bit.

When travelling I use a backpack, day trips I just use a crumpler shoulder bag (- can't remember which one) for ease of accessibility.

It does seem you get what you pay for though with crumpler. The pretty boy range is less 'substantial' than the more expensive lines I think, not to say they aren't well stitched together - they are.

The pretty boy range is less 'substantial' than the more expensive lines I think, not to say they aren't well stitched together - they are.

Mine has certainly taken a lot of slinging in the back of the car, lugged around and general misuse, and is still pristine in appearance. The only thing I don't like is the front zipped pouch......whilst you can get quite a lot into it, it doesn't have "gussets" in the sides, so doesn't open as far as it potentially could.

Back