camera bag advice

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

about time I got a decent camera bag,

so... I have a tight budget of no more than £50, I have 4x lenses one of which is constantly attached to the lens so will need 3x lens compartments.

Camera EOS 5D
Lenses: Zeiss Planar T* 50mm (attached to body with lens hood), G.Zuiko 28mm f3.5, Helios 44-M 58mm, and the canon toy cheapass 50mm f/1.8.

I will also need a special compartment for the terrorism act law printed off...

also all the lenses are prime and not particularly deep like an L lens or 400mm for example..

can you help?

regards,

Ben.

Have a look at Gem bags on Amazon... I have a large backpack from them, which is truly the Tardis of bags, waterproof cover, and sane price.. Mine is a dead copy of a Lowepro one that also carries a laptop at the rear.. Got it! Commputer trekker!.. Have a look!

I have a Lowepro Slingshot AW 300 and I didnt get on with it.

I found that as it only had one strap it put too much pressure on one shoulder for walking round with it all day

In it I had a 7D, sigma 17-50 F2.8, 50mm 1.4, 70-300, an S95, some spare batteries, bottle of water, and a few other bits and bobs. It was fine for a few hours but after a day or two of lugging it round I wasnt a happy bunny. On the plus side you can get to the camera quickly.

I have bought a lowepro similar to the pro runner mentioned earlier with twin straps and plan to sell on my slingshot

I've just got a Manfrotto messenger bag for £39. It's arrived today and seems well constructed with materials and good quality zips. I'd recommend it.

That said, yesterday I ended up on on Play and saw this Fancier Kingkong bag which I think I'd find fantastic, as I've always thought it'd be damn handy to have a rucksack that you could take off one shoulder, swing round under the other arm, then open from the side. Obviously can't comment on the quality, but I think the layout is fantastic. Doing what I said above, the SLR is then presented ready to whip out and start shooting. Seems very ergonomic.

Last edited:
hi just to clear things up I bought a vanguard up-rise 45 bag, it's very well padded and has exactly what I need & makes it feels surprisingly light, makes me want to go out and shoot more photos, feels much more organised now...sorted,

thanks for all your help though people

Hey there, RBP. Perhaps someone's had that bag and can help more, but I've always found that build-quality suffers in a feature-rich, cheaply priced bag.

I laugh at those idiots that say "You get what you pay for" because they clearly haven't shopped around, but in this instance, I'd put money on the Lowepro at double the price outlasting the amazonbasics bag by well over twice as long, and in all that time I bet you'll never curse it for that uncomfortable strap, or miss a shot because a sticking zip.

YMMV

Back