The queen and other royals from the diamond jubilee

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I went up to London yesterday on the off chance that I would be able to get through the crowds. Around St Paul's it was surprisingly quiet, which is where I got these.
Moving up towards the Mall and the Palace, there was no chance of getting anywhere close, so gave up and went to the pub. So all in all a very good day!

A few of the royals in their cars.

IMG_7836.jpg

IMG_7758.jpg

IMG_7765.jpg

IMG_7766.jpg

IMG_7773.jpg

IMG_7843.jpg

IMG_7855.jpg

IMG_7868.jpg

It was quite tricky keeping focus, as you can see where it missed in a couple. AF servo on the 5dmk2 on top of trying to constantly adjust a CPL as the cars passed was fun. Especially when I went a bit too far with the CPL, brought back the reflections and ended up focussing on them!

And just a couple more that I like and/or are a bit of fun.

IMG_7800.jpg

Observer on the roof of St Paul's keeping an eye on the crowds.
IMG_7726.jpg

And a couple of snipers finished for the day, walking back through the crowds.
IMG_7829.jpg

I have a small blog post on it here. http://davidwalkerphotographyblog.wordpress.com/

And the full set of images just on my FB page for now, here. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.471195519574248.123858.119168001443670&type=1

Last edited:
Great shots, you were quite lucky to get close. The last one is great as well.

Joe.

I should think there's some money to be made from one or two of those. Good stuff!

Love No.4. Good close one and I much prefer the colour version.

These are great, nice and sharp! #4 its a pity she isnt making eye contact with you - trying waving a flag or something next time to get her attention :LOL:

The B&W with Harry and Charles is tops. great set.:clap:

Thank you guys, I'm glad you like them.

I should think there's some money to be made from one or two of those. Good stuff!

I wouldn't know where to start with this sort of thing, but I reckon anything more than a couple of hours after the event is too late.
Unless you have her number, I'll give her a ring and see if she wants one for her wall. :LOL:

Back