Review Naneu Tango shoulder bag (quick review)

Edit My Images
Yes
Just got an early Christmas prezzy so I thought I would do a quick review of it.

I was looking for a Camera bag/backpack that would take my gear and be easy to access if I wanted to change lenses, and while I like my old Roots backpack it's a real pain having to take it off everytime I need something from it.

I took a look at the Slingshot but unless you get a 300AW then I think things get a little tight in there, and the Naneu was a bit cheaper and accomodates a laptop.

http://www.naneupro.com/products/mo-t/

So I took a gamble on the Naneu Tango, I say gamble because you have trouble sourcing them in the UK so I couldn't see one before asking Santa for it.

Now I know it's not Christmas yet, but I couldn't wait :)

The main thing that drew me to this bag was the choice of either messenger or shoulder bag configuration for when I travel.

What's in the bag?

The main compartment has two padded SLR camera inserts, which can easily be removed, if you wanted to use the bag for other purposes, these do fit into a canvas shoulder bag I have. Whilst not important it could be useful when I am away on business then I could use the Naneu as a laptop case and have the canvas bag packed in my suitcase for use once I arrive wherever it is I am going.

In addition to the main compartment there is a seperate on for a laptop with a screen up to 15.4", a compartment for the messenger strap, and a compartment for paper work or travel docs, these are all on the body side of the bag, which adds a little security.

Also on this side is a slotted back so you could slip this bag onto a roller suitcase, depending on the type of handle the suitcase has.

On the front side there is another compartment about 2 thirds the height of the bag, and 2 further smaller expandable pouches for more bits and bobs.

Construction.

The bag is made out of waterproof nylon, which look durable, it is also well padded especially with the 2 camera inserts. All
the zips are covered and there is a strap across the top of the bag as well. There are 2 handle that pop together to carry the bag with, unfortunately you can't pop these together when using the messenger strap.

It seems a well made bag with some thought having gone into the layout, the fact all zips are covered should help stop little fingers sneaking into the bag and helping themselves to my goodies.

There are a couple of rings on the outside to attached other things to the bag.

The messenger strap has a rubber type feel to the webbing, it is a 2 piece strap presumably to help get the bag onto your back.

The shoulder strap attaches using metal ring and clips, so hopefully they should be safe and secure.

Lots of pockets, but what fits?

I have so far managed to fit in the following :-

Canon 40D body with a Sigma 24-70mm lens attached with lens hood reversed.
70-200mm F/4 with hood (reversed)
Nifty Fifty
18-55mm
28-105mm with hood (reversed)
Charger and adaptor plug
spare battery
PMP player (similar to the Canon media storage M30)
Filter case (with a couple of filters)
IBM t42 laptop

It is deep enough fit the body with the 70-200mm mounted, with the hood reversed, and still be able to zip the bag up. I just like a little more room for the camera to move, just in case the bag gets jarred.

More than enough for my needs, I will be dropping 2 of the lenses once I manage to get a 10-22mm. The bag still feels comfortable and not as if it is packed to the gills, Also there is still space for some more small bits and pieces, for instance the PSU for the laptop, Ipod, Mobile phone etc

What's it like to use?

Well so far I have not had a chance to really give this a go, but I am not sure that the messenger strap will be comfortable if used for a long period of time, I guess that depends on how heavy you manage to make to bag.

Other than that all I can say is that so far I like bag, and I hope it serves me well.

Opps missed that forum, sorry

So where did you get it from then?

Fotosense on the web, they seem to be the only UK dealer.

Ta

Back