Juv dunnock with the V1

Name
nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
Its so hard at this time of the year with all the foliage on the trees to get good clean shots,but managed this little fellow with my new V1 digiscope set up...Nige.

juv_dunnock.jpg

Another triumph Nigel, a beautiful shot of one of my favourite birds. I didnt realise the juvenile had different coloured eyes to the adult. The eyes on this breed are their best feature IMO.
What is the new set up Nige, is it much the same as before but with new equipment or is it a total change. Either way the results look great to me (y)

Another triumph Nigel, a beautiful shot of one of my favourite birds. I didnt realise the juvenile had different coloured eyes to the adult. The eyes on this breed are their best feature IMO.
What is the new set up Nige, is it much the same as before but with new equipment or is it a total change. Either way the results look great to me (y)

Thank's Trev,the set up i am now using is Nikons new V1 mirrorless compact,i have only been out with it twice and the results are looking good but i still need to gain confidence it it and get all the settings right which will take a few weeks,its deffinately taking much cleaner images than my lumix the dynamic range is much better so time will tell,lets hope the weather changes and gives us some good light to work with...regards Nige.(y)

Great shot Nige, seems like you're getting some cracking results with the new camera.

That's a cracking image. A very good set up you have there. Is this done via t2 mount or is it with a lens on and up to the eyepiece?

Thanks Micheal,no mate the mount i use is an home made job...Nige.(y)

On the Nose Nige (y) very good quality indeed :clap::clap:

Thanks Nigel. (y)

Michael,here is the home made set up i use its basically a tube mounted on a plate that fits to the tripod thread in the base of the camera,the length of tube is critical to which ever scope camera combo you use its just trial and error...Nige.
003_filtered.jpg

very impressive shot- the detail is spot on- I love it, tried hard this week to shoot the same bird, always seem to be well hidden

Les (y)

very impressive shot- the detail is spot on- I love it, tried hard this week to shoot the same bird, always seem to be well hidden

Les (y)

Thank's Les,yes mate as i said trying to get good clear shots at this time of the year is allways difficult...Nige.(y)

Excellent capture and a interesting set up (y) as a matter of interest how far were you from him.
Regards
Richard

Excellent capture and a interesting set up (y) as a matter of interest how far were you from him.
Regards
Richard

Thank's Richard,i was about 20ft away with this shot,to get the best results with my set up i would say 20ft min and 40ft max are the best distances for getting good detail...regards Nige.(y)

Back