a great day out
some pics for C&C

1 Reflections - Ford and MGB present in quantity
7575208502_de6b4abe66_b.jpg

2 More reflections - Rolls Royce, Mercedes Benz and Ferrari
7575212260_a98452b185_b.jpg

3 Coup De Ville
7575230534_4a34e7216f_b.jpg

4 Really Vivid Cresta (the last stylish Vauxhall??)
7575226090_506f2c8477_b.jpg

5 MGBs Lined Up
7575234024_efdbf02693_b.jpg

6 Bellisimo 250 GTO
7575209698_b647900e2f_b.jpg

Thanks for looking
comments welcome

Last edited:
Right - I think #1 will always be a bit of a marmite, and I think that gives away enough of my opinion... I see what you're trying to do, but can't say I like it much.

I like #6, but I'm not too keen on the rest - for me, I don't think the framing is quite right - the RR is a bit too much of the grille, but not all, so it doesn't either balance or show the whole.

The de ville looks really good, but again - I'm not too keen on the framing - the light is a bit too close to the top for me - just not quite enough space above I'd say.

So, in summary, there are some really good photos, but I think I'd tweak all of them in terms of framing. The exception is #6, which I think is spot on!

I used to do a lot of car shows and it's really hard to get decent shots without them looking too busy with people and other cars. So I think you did well with them, I like the caddy and the vauxhall (my fave of the set) but the Ferrari is maybe a teeny bit too tight. No.1 looks like you have a giant watermark across the pic and so it doesn't really work for me. I think you needed a better angle for the MGs to get more of the bonnets in. The RR I think maybe needs more of the car itself. Overall not bad (I know the problems lol) but the vauxhall is my fave :banana:

thanks guys for the comments, it is interesting how your opinions on the last pic are opposites almost. It is a very difficult environment to get pics I understand there were over 5,000 people there so you can appreciate why some of the croppping is maybe a bit tight also with over 2000 cars on display many were parked very close to each other. thanks for looking and commenting hopefully I will remember the comments for next time

Back