Lake District

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,
Just got back from a long weekend in the Lake District and thought I'd share a few of my favs with you!
My grad filters turned up the day after I went, so didn't have them for the trip so did as good as I could with a polariser only!
More pictures on my flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaketurner92/

Please leave me some C&C, as harsh as you like, it all helps!
Thanks
Jake

#1 The river leading away from Spout Force

Spout Force River by JakeTurner1992, on Flickr

#2 Spout Force

Spout Force by JakeTurner1992, on Flickr

#3 View from the Winlatter

View from Winlatter Pass by JakeTurner1992, on Flickr

#4 Derwent Water

Derwent Water by JakeTurner1992, on Flickr

#5 Buttermere

Buttermere by JakeTurner1992, on Flickr

#6 Derwent Water

Derwent Water by JakeTurner1992, on Flickr

I hope to revisit some time, it's a beautiful place!

I particularly like the use of the boulders in the water to bring some foreground focus into the shot. The Spout Force shot doesn't quite do it for me - I feel that I'm being distracted by the amount of foliage in the shot

I particularly like the use of the boulders in the water to bring some foreground focus into the shot. The Spout Force shot doesn't quite do it for me - I feel that I'm being distracted by the amount of foliage in the shot

Thanks John,
I was constantly looking for something to bring in some foreground interest, to stop it being a vast expanse of water, I'm glad it worked! (y)
The one of Spout Force, was sadly a hit and miss shot for me also, I felt further cropping wouldnt work, but I was zoomed in as much as I could on my basic lens.

Nice set of shots did you go to the millennium stone Derwentwater?

No we didn't go there this time Dave, thats for the next time too! Thanks.

Haha, that was lucky! Scotland doesn't usually like staying dry for very long :p

We made it around Gretna Green and Dumfries dry, then it rained until we got back to the English border pretty much! Was quite pretty around Gretna!

Haha, nice one. I've never actually stopped at Gretna, only passed it on the way to and from England but from what I've seen the scenery down that way does look really nice. Think I'll have to stop sometime!

Haha, nice one. I've never actually stopped at Gretna, only passed it on the way to and from England but from what I've seen the scenery down that way does look really nice. Think I'll have to stop sometime!

I'd never been to Scotland before, so we went to the furnace, where people get married, and looked in some shops, they have Highland Cows there too (y)
Discovered I have a tartan too which is cool

we went on the 12th we took my cousin and niece from San diego we went to castlerigg then derwaentwater to the stone and then to Ashness bridge and a a lot of other places as well they loved it

I went Spout Force, Buttermere, Winlatter Forest, Derwent Water (hired a boat and rowed out), Keswick, Gretna, Dumfries, Carlisle and then came home via lincoln to see relatives! Drove over 1000 miles in 4 days :bonk:

Nice enough set, light wasn't really on your side. I quite like one. Two seems too much scubbery in the way of the fall. The last the rock seems too low in the image and too large in the frame. Like three, needs a bit of straightening as the lake looks slightly squint.

Last edited:
ST4 said:
Nice enough set, light wasn't really on your side. I quite like one. Two seems too much scubbery in the way of the fall. The last the rock seems too low in the image and too large in the frame. Like three, needs a bit of straightening as the lake looks slightly squint.

As said above #2 I was on full zoom so couldn't do much else. They're all completely straight, it's just the way the land lies. I was quite fortunate with weather compared to the rest of the country tbh. I'll be going up again, when I have a tripod that doesn't keep leaning, and some grads and some stuff :) the last one, that was the idea (y)

Back