Badgers! Update on my Badger Project

buckas

Mister Forum Regular
Name
Drew
Edit My Images
No
Continuing on the Badger Project - I’m keeping track of the goings on of these lovely woodland dwellers near my home in Pembrokeshire. I’ve now believe there to be three young cubs in this family and they were all out last night larking about.

DBP_2411.jpg

DBP_2418.jpg

DBP_2425.jpg

DBP_2476.jpg

DBP_2496.jpg

Lovely to see them on a sunny evening after all this rain and will be documenting their progress over the coming months.

All shot with Canon EOS 5D Mark III with 300mm f/2.8L IS USM - ISO 6400, f/2.8, around 1/60 shutter

cheers!

drew

Wonderful - how lovely to be able to keep going back for more photos! thank you so much for sharing!

drew you have some wonderful photographs there, and nailed the animal thats top of my most wanted list to photograph....i hate you!

(not really just kidding :) )

Great shots, so nice to see them in the wild rather than on the side of the road!

Wonderful - how lovely to be able to keep going back for more photos! thank you so much for sharing!

:) thanks

drew you have some wonderful photographs there, and nailed the animal thats top of my most wanted list to photograph....i hate you!

(not really just kidding :) )

thankyou (y)

Great shots, so nice to see them in the wild rather than on the side of the road!

agreed, far too many killed on the roadside - thanks (y)

You are blessed to have them near to you; great set of images, thanks for posting (y)

Beautiful shots thanks for sharing.

Great images (y)

I'm interested in th fieldcraft you've employed to get so close. Are you using a hide or is it a case of getting comfortable lying masked in foliage for a few hours?

This is one thread I'll be following with interest :)

thanks guys

Great images (y)

I'm interested in th fieldcraft you've employed to get so close. Are you using a hide or is it a case of getting comfortable lying masked in foliage for a few hours?

This is one thread I'll be following with interest :)

sitting down about 25 feet from sett entrances in muted coloured clothing - their eyesight isn't amazing so as long as your outline isn't obvious (sit in fornt of foliage) and you don't move massive amounts they're happy :)

drew

Back