Daily 365 Prime Lens Project

Edit My Images
No
I've been thinking about starting one of these for a while. What has made me go in at the deep end is that I noticed about a week ago that I took a camera out with my family for the first time in a couple of months and that was shocking.

Expect to see photographs from inside my world and what makes me tick. Some of them will be exciting, some might not float your boat and some may seem arty farty but that is the idea of the project.

Day 1 // 365 Prime Lens Project.

The first photograph is a reality check. Rather than try and open with an explosive photograph I’m all for telling it as it is. You may have seen from my wedding work I want to show the day exactly as it is and besides the formal photographs there is nothing staged. The first photograph in the project was no exception. This summer has been the wettest on record I believe and here is what I saw today as I was doing the pots.

001_365.jpg

Day 2 // 365 Day Prime Lens Project. As I walked through the door today I was met by the wonderful guard dog called Tigger. He never moved except to open his eyes. Tigger is an Airedale Terrior and is great with our 2 children. He isn't ours and we look after him whenever his owners need it as there is always someone home. In a couple of weeks time we get our very own Airedale puppy and we can not wait! Ain't he cute?

002_365.jpg

Day 3 // 365 Day Prime Lens Project. "Help! They locked me up!" I often find the kids toys in funny places. I wonder what goes on through their heads as they are locking up a policeman.

003_365.jpg

Day 4 // 365 Prime Lens Project. Here is one from earlier today at Burnsall. Katy and David renewed their wedding vows today and thankfully the rain stopped for us to get outside and get some shots under dramatic skies.

004_365.jpg

Day 5 // 365 Prime Lens Project. This morning I picked up the kids from a trip on a barge. We didn't stay long as wedding duty calls but the kids got a good ride. This was taken at 11am. If you can spot what my wife is drinking you will note she is on the beer already. Busted!

005_365.jpg

Day 6 // 365 Day Prime Lens Project. I remember coming back from a wedding only 2 or 3 weeks ago and my wife says "Jack can ride a bike now with no stabalisers." That was that. In a couple of hours he was sorted.

006_365.jpg

Welcome to the asylum (y) you've joined the madness that is a 365 (y) would you like me to add a link to your thread into the sticky of those that have taken on this challenge within 2012 (y)

You've made a really great start I love Day 5 (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 8 // 365 Prime Lens Project. This project will probably end up giving you an insight into what makes me tick. Today's photograph may well be boring for a lot of you but when I am editing wedding photographs I like nothing more than listening to music. Today I finally got my hands on my android phone dock which I have been waiting for stock to be re made. Demand outstripped supply which is a bit daft really as there is no other android docks out there. If you have an iPhone you are spoilt for choice so you would expect one of the first makers of these docks to do pretty good. Hmmm.... clever people at Philips haha!

008_365.jpg

I'll be following this thread with interest.
Good idea for a project and some fantastic photos so far, especially Day 5!

Thanks very much! Funnily enough only my wife (with the beer) and photographs like day 5. Must be a subjective thing.

Day 9 // 365 Day Prime Lens Project. You will be seeing a lot of my daughter during this project. She is so cute when she is tired!

009_365.jpg

Thanks Matt! You know I got one with the whole base and binned it. I wanted it like but thought that maybe people might not like it as the object didn't fill up too much of the frame. I was torn. Went for the tilt cos I never do tilts anyway.

Day 10 // 365 Day Prime Lens Project. First one of no doubt many of my son today. Here he is practicing his skills.

010_365.jpg

Day 11 // 365 Day Prime Lens Project. Here is Annie and her future husband to be, probably. That's if she gets married, she is quite an independent little lady who knows what she wants. I was late for nursery (you can tell my wife does that normally) and the staff pulled me to one side and were telling me just how popular she is with all the lads. It's great now but there will be a point when it is not great haha!

Thinking about this shot I think the vignette is too much. I would have liked to have done something more with these 2 but they are hard to get to stand still as they love jumping around everywhere. Ah well.

011_365.jpg

Day 12// 365 Day Prime Lens Project. Today we collected the newest addition to the family. Bobby is a nearly 8 week old Airedale Terrier puppy. He is placid but as any puppy he can move quickly when he wants to. Here is the first photograph of him, expect plenty more on this project. The little man is named after a legend.

012_365.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look!

Day 13 // 365 Day Prime Lens Project. Warning! Puppy Alert! Expect repeats of cuteness on this page. Warning!

013_365.jpg

Day 15 // 365 Day Prime Lens Project. I just can't stop photographing Bobby at the moment. It's more more fun than shooting clouds and rain though!

015_365.jpg

glad you like it!

Day 16 // 365 Day Prime Lens Project. Imagine if you shared a photograph on facebook like the one on my phone here. Then imagine if your friends could not see everything in red. Well, that could be the plan if facebooks new photo changes are to be believed. There is talk that the site will have larger images which is great news. But, there is also talk that they will display more and more photos in a square format, which sounds like instagram speak. Not impressed, lets hope they keep the aspect ratios as they are meant to be! I wish everyone on facebook would migrate to Google+ where it is done properly.

016_365.jpg

haha I know, sometimes I find it hard to find something to photograph to be honest. It is harder than you think getting something interesting all the time. Bobby will be my go to when I am struggling.

I managed to get out earlier though! Met a couple for a wedding so got this:

Day 19 // 365 Day Prime Lens Project.

This is Bell Busk in the Yorkshire Dales.

019_365_TP.jpg

Thanks, he will no doubt be photographed more and more. Bit of a cow bag on the exposure front though.

Day 22 // 365 Day Prime Lens Project.

Cloudwalking.

022_365_TP.jpg

Day 23 // 365 Day Prime Lens Project.

I found this very hard. It was tough to get the focus and avoid the stars looking soft and avoiding a bit of trailing. Taken at 85mm. I'd love to get some tips to make this better. Oh and the bright glob is Andromeda according to google sky map.

023_365.jpg

Last edited:
Day 26 // 365 Prime Lens Project. Yesterday I had the honour of photographing Mr and Mrs Lovett's wedding in the Peak District. The grounds were stunning and here is a long shot using the 85mm.

026_365.jpg

Day 28 // 365 Day Prime Lens Project. After a hard graft trying to get an Olympic medal at his swimming lesson, Jack tries his luck on the Wii.

028_365.jpg

Cheers Vince, glad you enjoy it!

Day 29 // 365 Day Prime Lens Project. "In the forest, there's a monster. And it looks so, very much like me..."

029_365_TP.jpg

Back