New lens bought and look at this, not happy!!!!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
got my 70-300L lens today and examined the front element and found a large spec of something. It isn't dust and it is white in colour. It is under the glass so cannot be removed, gutted.

i have taken a few photos and can't notice it but obviously its a pain in the bum i have contacted the retailer for advice, do you think i should return it??

pics below
photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

could be mould?

if brought brand new - just return it.

It was bought new so i have emailed the retailer to state i will be returning it. Shame they can't just check each lens before the post, sure it would save them money dealing with returns and postage etc..

It was bought new so i have emailed the retailer to state i will be returning it. Shame they can't just check each lens before the post, sure it would save them money dealing with returns and postage etc..

True, but i guess checking each lens would take more time and cost then just replacing the odd one.

Where did you buy it from?

But then the packaging would be disturbed and everyone would think they're buying an ex demo lens. It's unlucky for you but I doubt this happens all that often and I'm sure you'll be offered a replacement.

true true, oh well guess i will have to wait another week or so for a replacement. Really wanna get out and use the lens

Thought I updated obviously not, got new replacement and return postage refunded, sent back to a London address. Got new one two days after so excellent service. No issues with lens so very happy.

Thought I updated obviously not, got new replacement and return postage refunded, sent back to a London address. Got new one two days after so excellent service. No issues with lens so very happy.

Great news, did they give you any feedback on what they thought the problem may have been ?

Where did you buy the lens from ? Sounds like you had good customer service.

Didn't get any feedback as I didn't really ask. It was bought from Panamoz.

Didn't get any feedback as I didn't really ask. It was bought from Panamoz.

That's great news - i've just brought one and was worried about the fact they import form Hong Kong.

I had this on my 50mm 1.4.. out the box it came with a spot of dust. I did testing with both ends of the f-stop range and could not pick it up. So I kept it. Its not great and if I where you get it sorted out as when it comes to selling it you might get some issue

LLS

Back