Smoke art flower

S

stupar

Its cold, wet and windy outside so what better than to sit in front of the PC and play with some smoke images.
There are two different smoke images in this shot with 11 different layers to blend.

Hope you like, C&C welcome as always!
Smoke flower
7945454940_3c6b96f8db_b_d.jpg

Smoke Flower by Stuart Pardue

Last edited by a moderator:
SpikeK6 said:
Thats amazing, great piece of Photoshop work there.

spike

Just Dave said:
Thats stunning Stuart that must be one of the best smoke art images Ive ever seen :clap:

Oscellaris said:
That's very impressive :)

Thanks guys!
I do try and do something different from the usual mirror and inverted shots.
Took I while to visualise this but once I started it came together very quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's pretty amazing.
You have far more patience than I!

That's amazing, I've tried smoke art before and thought I did well time for a rethink :) Maybe i'll get a couple up nearly as good as this. Great Work.

That's amazing, I've tried smoke art before and thought I did well time for a rethink :) Maybe i'll get a couple up nearly as good as this. Great Work.

Thanks Robert,
This kind of takes smoke art to a new dimension when you try and make it take on the form of every day objects.
This one was a little easier than my Jessica Rabbit version that I did
here - http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=385827

Stick at at tho, once you nail the setup the shot forms itself (y)

That's lovely Stuart.

I can just picture you spending hours looking at smoke pictures and deciding how to put them together. Just goes to show what you can create with the right starting images and a lot of patience (y)

I wonder if it might be improved slightly by a more gradual transition between the colours to retain more of a feeling that it evolved naturally out of the smoke . . . on the other hand it might lose some of the impact so I'm not completely sure :shrug:

That's lovely Stuart.

I can just picture you spending hours looking at smoke pictures and deciding how to put them together. Just goes to show what you can create with the right starting images and a lot of patience (y)

I wonder if it might be improved slightly by a more gradual transition between the colours to retain more of a feeling that it evolved naturally out of the smoke . . . on the other hand it might lose some of the impact so I'm not completely sure :shrug:

Thanks Sarah!
I never really gave any thought to graduation the transition between colours.
Something to remember when I have a go at recreating something else in smoke art.

No idea how you did it but it is very impressive.

the basis of the smoke can be found any tutorials kicking about in this forum.
Once you have got the smoke images then it is down to photoshop as to how far you take those images.

thats a cracker love it.

Back