Baby Eden

Edit My Images
No

Baby was 4 weeks old and would not sleep, and would not settle! I spent ages trying to calm her enough to be able to take one photo and then she would cry again! :thinking: The photos were not the best I have taken and not entirely happy with them but I did as best I could with what little I had!

I prefer the B&W for some reason. The blanket stripes are wonky which I don't like and the wrap could have been a little further down her legs but she just kept wriggling out of it! :LOL:

IMG_4363-Edit-8 by Buttercup Photo Emporium, on Flickr

IMG_4363-Edit-4 by Buttercup Photo Emporium, on Flickr

I really like the wrap and the diagonals on the blanket.
For me though, the hairband flower is overpowering, especially in the colour version.

Hi Ruth! Yeah I agree the headband is a little bit big! I make them myself to keep things unique, and I always over estimate how much fabric I need :LOL:

A bit too busy and a bit oversharpened. :)

:LOL: Thankyou Dean!! I really don't think the blanket works for newborn photography as it's very distracting! However I only sharpened the eyes, the flower headband and the wrap, the blanket was how it was in camera :LOL:

Think there is a lot going on in photo and I don't really like what baby is wrapped in- looks too much like a strapless dress to me. Good capture of baby though :)

Thankyou! I don't think I will use this blanket again! As for the wrap, it could be down to my bad wrapping skills combined with her being a wriggler that doesn't do it any justice! I have seen these wraps looking really pretty, this was my first time using one!

Hi, I think the baby capture is fine but the headband and wrap are too much. I like the stripey blanket but not with the other props. Also, her right hand is looking like a stump due to focal plane/DOF.

I was shooting at 1.4 and really should have increased the f stop, which is what I was annoyed at afterwards! I was just trying to shoot away as quickly as I could to make sure I ended up with some photos that I didn't stop to change it :bonk: Thankyou for the advice! I did say to the client that I wasn't happy with them and offered her a re shoot but she said she was happy with them! I have OCD and there are lots of things that niggle at me in these photos and I just want the best for the client!

Ha ha - Im a bit OCD too! Off course the mum will love them and she wont notice all the technical things we see. I think you did well but just wanted to say that sometimes "less is more". :)

Back