Sunrays and tree's

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
I went out on sunday afternoon - and saw this image in my head. :LOL: Im not sure if I've captured it well on Camera. :shrug: I do quite like it. It was taken with the 18-55 and in JPEG [I know I know :nono:] And I've had a bit of a play around with it in PP and quite like this tone of image.

2178861894_ca2c8ed60b.jpg

Clickie me for a bigger picture

I also have this on flickr in colour and in BW - comments appreciated.

Would have preferred the horizon to be.. horizontal :p

But apart from that, its beautiful. Good capture.

Looks to me that its on a hill as the trees are straightish :shrug:

Yes good capture well spotted (y)

Compositionally very good, pleased you have not let the sun dominate.

I'd be tempted to dodge a bit more light on those suns rays reflected on the leaves (ground) I think the increased contrast against the shadows, would help anchor the image better.

Still, I do like this :)

I like a lot!! nice silhouettes of the branches

n00b question, why is it bad to take pictures in jpeg? should i not be doing that? lol sorry dont mean to hijack the thread, i was jst wondering!

it's not bad to take pics in jpeg, it just restricts you somewhat in pp if you do (alot of data has been stripped from the image in-camera), but thats another thread...:)

good capture with nice comp and colours (y)

For anyone who is interested in the data.
f13
1/10
iso 100
-1.5 exp Comp

First time I'd played around with that. :LOL:

Compositionally very good, pleased you have not let the sun dominate.

I'd be tempted to dodge a bit more light on those suns rays reflected on the leaves (ground) I think the increased contrast against the shadows, would help anchor the image better.

Still, I do like this :)

Thank you Les (y) Least If I know Ive seen an image like this. I saw the rays shining at the top of the hill from the path....and proceeded my way up the hill - across the hill - a bit further across til I found a "space" to be.

I like a lot!! nice silhouettes of the branches

n00b question, why is it bad to take pictures in jpeg? should i not be doing that? lol sorry dont mean to hijack the thread, i was jst wondering!

Right - for an image like this where I could have had a lot of "burnt out" bits from the sun...if I had shot in RAW its easier to recover the data - I understand all that - just dont like it. :LOL:

it's not bad to take pics in jpeg, it just restricts you somewhat in pp if you do (alot of data has been stripped from the image in-camera), but thats another thread...:)

good capture with nice comp and colours (y)
Thank you...(y)

Back