Not open for further replies.

cannockwolf

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
This is this years winner

I also won Best classic view category with delamere forest (i was told this is like coming second as its the biggest section of the four categories)

I got David Noton's personal choice and a highly commended with the copse

and a commended with marias tree

Last edited:
outstanding work Dave and well deserved (y)

that delamere shot is jaw droppingly good :clap:

Congrats mate very nice shots would be very please myself too

thanks, its mental, im waiting to see if they want me on bbc breakfast tv tomorrow lol probably wont happen

thanks, its mental, im waiting to see if they want me on bbc breakfast tv tomorrow lol probably wont happen

ooh eck.. so that means you can't go out and get hammered in celebratory style until they give you the nod :D

i did that on tuesday after charlie waite called me to tell me the news :) i had to keep it secret till today because the sunday times magazine had the scoop on announcing it, got the paper today and they don't even mention me let alone put the pic in, bit disappointed tbh

Last edited:
Well done, look forward to seeing them in the National Theatre.

thanks, im down the NT on monday 12th to pick up the award

Utterly outstanding. Worthy winners.

wow....simply stunning - very well deserved. Congratulations

thanks very much

Cheers Nigel

i did that on tuesday after charlie waite called me to tell me the news :) i had to keep it secret till today because the sunday times magazine had the scoop on announcing it, got the paper today and they don't even mention me let alone put the pic in, bit disappointed tbh

I wouldn't worry, they probably would have spelt your name wrong anyway :D

Congratulations.

Cheers apparently there have been plenty of requests for the pic and info from the press so ill get the other papers tomorrow

Wow! Not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 :clap: Well deserved ... and I love 'the copse'.

I was under the impression it was keep it under your hat until tomorrow? But congrats none the less.

Well done! Cracking images.

I would love to see what the 2nd image would look like printed massive (I mean over 60") I bet it would look mighty impressive! :)

Well done! Cracking images.

I would love to see what the 2nd image would look like printed massive (I mean over 60") I bet it would look mighty impressive! :)

I have seen some of the winning entries printed to a very large size at the National Theatre foyer exhibition in past years, may be this one will be chosen this year.

Well done on the win. There was some bitter murmers floating around on twitter earlier this week, not all good, mostly bitter may I add. May bump into you at the exhibit private view, I managed a commended and a place in the exhibition... Image 2 is great!!

eddo123 said:
Well done on the win. There was some bitter murmers floating around on twitter earlier this week, not all good, mostly bitter may I add. May bump into you at the exhibit private view, I managed a commended and a place in the exhibition... Image 2 is great!!

Rather than being bitter I think more than a few have been concerned about the apparent 'copying' of another photographers work, especially as the original description said:

"I&rsquo;ve been waiting for a year to do this after seeing Peter Clarke&rsquo;s great version of it. I hope I&rsquo;ve done it justice.&rdquo;

Given the images are virtually identical, I think the question many have regarding the originality of this image are warranted, and calling such questions bitter sounds, itself, bitter?

I think we'd all like to hear Dave's view, especially having changed the text on his site with respect to originality.

I'd be interested to hear why you think that is being bitter?

(btw I love the image, I don't care much for LPOY, but I do take issue with others with valid concerns being called 'bitter' and 'resentful').

Last edited:
I've read that post, I saw a pic and loved it thought that looks like a cool place to go, a year later i got to go, i took loads of pics and there are at least 4 on my site of lindisfarne. The pic is the same but how many different angles can you get of the boats and the castle? The original shot was taken 15 plus years ago, does that mean no one else can take it? Thousands of people go there yearly, there must be 1000's of photos. I didn't take a print of the original with me and line up the tripod holes I just went a year after seeing it and took my pic. The processing style is all mine, I think there are enough people on here that know how I like my mono landscapes, I've been posting for over 2 years!

Peter is a member of my camera club, he saw this pic nearly a year ago and thinks its great, he likes my style of processing, he also emailed me to say how pleased he was I'd won with it. He's always been encouraging and supportive of me.

I entered 25 pics in the competition I didn't know what style would win, tbh I didn't think I would win, I was shocked to get to the final round, there are a 'few' keyboard warriors beating their chest atm, jealously does that, I'm pleased to say that more people are a bit more rational and say its a nice photo, well done.

If you look at Alex's photos he has many shots that if you google the place names are almost in the same spot and view, why has he the right to say what he has when he has the same situation spread all over his site. He is bitter because I didn't walk into the wild for 3 days camping to get the shot like he seems to do, for him it's not the shot but how you got it, it seems. Well I have to work and can only get out some weekends so I have to go to more accessible places, he seems to think that devalues my photographs and mean they are not worthy of winning anything.

I wasn't going to get caught up in a slanging match with him on his site, but this seems to have come to my turf so to speak. I'm not ashamed of my photo, I AM PROUD OF IT!

Duncan I'd like to know why it is a concern? If I had taken the jpeg off his site and just sent it in to the comp I can see why, but I drove there, got up early and took the shot processed it myself, in a totally different manner as they are not the same, and sent my picture to a competition, what is the problem with that?

Do I really deserve the slagging off that a small few have given me? Really?

If you google delamere forest you will see plenty of shots of that lake too, why is nobody calling me a plagiarist for that shot? There are not many places left that have never had a picture taken of it, are we all to pack our cameras away now?

Like I said I am NOT going to get drawn into a slanging match, I stand by my photos.

Congratulations!! LOVE the second image.

Also love Ria's tree and have photographed it many times myself and know that from that angle, the power station should be behind you and to the right ;)

:nono:

On my children's life that power station is definitely there, just above the house rooftops of slitting mill, taken down the hill on the path, looking towards Rugeley, when you go back I would appreciate you posting up the error

I don't feel I should be having to defend myself like this :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Thanks mate

Hi Dave, huge congratulations, beautiful images. I don't know anything about the crap and bitchiness that has appeared a little here and elsewhere - leave them to it. You took your pics, processed them and entered the competition, well done to you!

Caroline

Thank you Caroline :)

Now that is excellent work, Dave, and a superb achievement.
Very well done.
... and I completely agree with what you posted in #34. (y)

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back