Weekend in North Wales

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
Yes
I have alternative versions of 1 & 3 with different exposures, not sure if I can post the other two though :)

DSC_0446.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0486.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

Third and last images are my favourite.

Love the abstractness of the water and the ceramic (?) toadstools are lovely. I might have cropped the very yellow area off the right just to emphasis them.

I wish I spent more than 10 seconds on the mushroom shot, I was only in the shop (a wood shop in beddgelert) for about 2 minutes while I put my gear away because it was raining.

I quite like the stick in water but the ghosting annoys me to no end.

My favorite is definitely #1.

I really like 3. Great set

I know it very well, I sell my photographs next door in Gwynedd Crafts...you might have spotted one of my large canvas shots of Llyn Gwynant in the window ;)

Simon

I saw the photo print on the upper left in the window, looked like some crazy HDR :p

I only have a couple of HDR photos and don't sell them there so must be someone elses :shrug:

Simon

At least it looked like HDR, especially considering how grey Wales is.

Its on your portfolio site, I had a check :p

Yes that's the canvas I sell, what makes you think it's HDR though..maybe it was the texture of the canvas...I didn't even use filters on that one as I only just had time to setup the camera before the mist lifted

Yes that's the canvas I sell, what makes you think it's HDR though..maybe it was the texture of the canvas...I didn't even use filters on that one as I only just had time to setup the camera before the mist lifted

I'll admit it looks a lot different on my screen, must have been the vivid colours on a rainy and overcast day making it look like HDR!

Also have 2 other versions of #3

DSC_0484.jpg

DSC_0485.jpg

Last edited:
At least it looked like HDR, especially considering how grey Wales is.

Oi! Its not always miserable here ;)

Quite like #1, something slightly weird about the cropping I can't put my finger on though,

The first rock in the water photo and the mushrooms are my favorite. I always like long exposures of water, but many come off as very messy, so job well done. The mushrooms are perfect except that crop needs to be brought in on the right to really highlight the mushrooms, dont worry they wont look shoved in corner. Overall some very interesting shots that make me want to get out and go for a shoot in the woods.

-Ben

I love the set but number three would be my choice. Great set though well done

Back