Meike Battery Grip for Nikon D600 (Mini Review)

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got my battery grip the Meike Grip off ebay

HERE is where I got it from

I thought I would mention it here as I could not find many reviews or info about 3rd party grips for the D600.

I ordered the grip last Friday (30th Nov) and it came today (4th Dec) so quick delivery and quicker than they said. I ordered it late at night and by the next morning it was already dispatched.

The grip fits the camera well and feels really nice. Yeah its plastic but the rubber part feels really nice in the hand and is shaped well. The buttons work well and the shutter button works great not too spongy and responsive.

The only tiny gripe so far is the AE Lock button lakes a little more to press than the one on the camera.

So for £50 I am VERY happy with this grip and is a little cheaper than the £249 for the original (which is probably made in the same factory)

Sorry photos were taken on my bridge camera in low light

grip%201.jpg

grip%202.jpg

grip%203.jpg

grip%204.jpg

grip%205.jpg

That's really useful; thanks.

I still can't decide whether to go with the Meike or spring for the Nikon (£200 at Digital Rev). I had an original MB-D11 on my D7000 which I was able to sell for £120 (it cost me £145) so am wondering if the cost saving is really as great as it seems. The Meike one certainly looks the part and presumably you've had no issues with any reversed controls or false battery life indications or anything?

Well I have only had it a day so not used it loads yet but I checked all the functions and battery Information was fine as were all the buttons and controls.

The grip feels really nice with a nice rubber texture that feels good quality.

The thing that annoys me about the grip and its the same on the Nikon one is having to remove it recharge the internal battery. :shrug:

I had a grip on my D90 and that took both batteries so you put the grip on and left it... end of story. Why design a grip that takes one battery long ways instead of the two side on :thinking:

That's true, though it never bothered me much with my D7000 & grip; but then I never new anything different. Also, I didn't have the grip on all the time; I'd tend to remove it if I wasn't shooting all day anyway. Two in the grip seems like a better idea.

Let us know if you discover any issues with the Meike; my wife's bugging me for my christmas list and I'm still unsure of what to put on it!

That's true, though it never bothered me much with my D7000 & grip; but then I never new anything different. Also, I didn't have the grip on all the time; I'd tend to remove it if I wasn't shooting all day anyway. Two in the grip seems like a better idea.

Let us know if you discover any issues with the Meike; my wife's bugging me for my christmas list and I'm still unsure of what to put on it!

Yep I certainly will..... I have only used the camera around the house.

Once small thing I noticed last night was there is a tiny bit of what I can only describe as twisting movement on the grip. If you hold the grip as from the bottom as if you were trying to screw it it moves a tiny bit.
I am not sure if the Nikon one would be the same as the Meike grip does have the pin in the top and bottom that slot into the camera fine so could be just the whole grip design (on either Nikon or Meike).

Like I said its tiny and does not bother me at all but thought I would mention it.

But the camera does feel SO MUCH better with the grip... a big improvement (y) I think the rubber texture on the grip actually may feel better than the grip area on the camera

Last edited:
It looks identical to the meike grip I got for my d7000, and I much prefer the grip on it over the camera's!

Back