UK Digital Cameras

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning All
Have any of you Ladies or Gentlemen used UK Digital Cameras and is it uk stock. The reason being is that I am going to buy the Daughter a Cannon S100 for Christmas.
Many thanks
Gary

I have not used them, but have use fotoscense in the past ( the address is the same ). I don't know if they have changed name or new management but they do have a physical store with actual stock.

In the past there have been good and bad reports over fotoscense, but I had no issues buying a tripod and monopod from there.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Is the saving so great as to outweigh the worry of buying from a dealer whose reputation you don't know? I think I get better value from using an outlet I trust. OK it may cost a few quid more, but there is no worry and you can be pretty confident of support if anything does go wrong. Think of the extra cost as insurance. The camera market is so competitive that there just isn't room for huge variations in price. And you could always take the ad for the cheapy to your local dealer and ask if they're willing to match that price. And you never know what they may have in stock - are you dead set on an S100?

Last edited:
fotosense are a reputable dealer if i remember correctly not sure about ukdigitalcameras though

as said go through a reputable dealer or see kerson on here he imports cameras but has uk warranty with his i have bought a lens before never been a issue and is a very hoghly recomended person on here see the trader section he posts in there good prices too if he has not got it ask him as he can source it quickly

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=U...&ie=&oe=&redir_esc=&ei=06vFUPeCN_Kb1AXLxoDoBw

if you have a look there is 43 reviews all good

but the adress is registered to fotosense ltd so i would be vary warey unless it is a 2nd company within a company and also using the same vat number i would give fotosense a call and ask if it is there sub company

They are using fotosense's company information on their web site.

Check the whois information for the domain, though and you get different information

whois said:
Domain name:
ukdigitalcameras.co.uk

Registrant:
UK Digital Cameras Ltd

Registrant type:
UK Limited Company, (Company number: 4644839)

Registrant's address:
Unit G17
Atlas Business Centre
Oxgate Lane
London
London
NW2 7HJ
United Kingdom

Now, if we look up that company number at companies house

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/2260602b2716db3c28150faeb04a7754/compdetails

we discover that UK Digital Cameras Ltd is in a Companies Voluntary arrangement - similar to US Chapter 11 filing, which means it must be technically insolvent, I believe.

They're also overdue filing their accounts at the end of September.

They appear to be selling on eBay, with this tidbit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sigma-10-20mm-f-4-5-6-Lens-Nikon-Fit-/221150496011

eBay said:
Business seller information

FotoSENSE Ltd t/a UK Digital Cameras

Phil Cornhill
Units 11 & 12
Riverside Park
Bolton
Lancashire
BL1 8TU

VAT number: UK 768089870

However, according to their Amazon Seller Profile that VAT number appears to belong to UK Digital Cameras Ltd., who are or were based in Cricklewood, London NW2 (with the same 0845 telephone number) not fotosense Ltd.

According to his LinkedIn profile Phil Cornhill has been 'senior buyer' at UK Digital Cameras since 2007.

All a bit confused.

If you place an order with UK Digital Cameras are you placing an order with UK Digital Cameras Ltd or fotosense Ltd.?

Under the Companies Act 2006, they're required to have their company details properly displayed on their web site, which includes the company registration number, registered address, VAT number and company name - which, if it is a legit fotosense Ltd. t/a is not being properly shown.

I'd be asking Fotosense what their relationship is with them.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm Phil Cornhill and I just wanted to clear up a few questions that have been raised here.

I was employed by UK Digital Cameras Ltd for 4 years and am now employed by Fotosense Ltd to manage the www.ukdigitalcameras.co.uk site which is now run by Fotosense Ltd. The company number & VAT number shown on our contact page reflects this but many thanks for highlighting that our name should also be updated. I will change this to Fotosense Ltd t/a UK Digital Cameras immediately.

My main focus is maintaining the excellent levels of service which hopefully, with a quick internet search, you'll find that I am managing to do. We have tried to make the integration with Fotosense as smooth as possible ensuring that our standards are maintained, our prices are competitive and all our warranties are honoured as they would have been under UK Digital Cameras Ltd. In fact, we are now able to offer better prices as we are buying in larger quantities through Fotosense, and we now also have a shop-front for any customers that prefer to shop face to face.

In response to the original question, the S100's we currently have in stock are not sourced from Canon UK but from a European distributer as Canon UK have now discontinued that camera. They have replaced it with the S110 of which our stock is sourced from Canon UK. My contact details are on our "Contact Us" page so please feel free to email me directly and I'll happily deal with your order personally should you decide to go ahead.

I'll also look to update my Linked-In profile asap as this has been slightly neglected of late!

Kind regards,

Phil

I used them once and so did my wife on behalf of her school

UK stock and delivered next day, so no complaints from me, think we got an extra year's warranty too

Back