weekly yuri f 52 2013 Week 4 Wild Added

Name
yuri
Edit My Images
Yes
Never tried a challenge like this before, but I'm sure it will improve my skills and give me inspiration to take shots that would never have crossed my mind previously, fingers crossed i may even manage to take something worth looking at:)

Week 1 Sin
Week 2 Season
Week 3 Gravity
Week 4 Wild

Last edited:
Hi yuri

welcome to the madhouse that is the 52's :wave:

Tis good fun , hard work but very rewarding , so get stuck in , post up & call in to others threads to leave feedback (y)

blondie606 said:
Hi yuri

welcome to the madhouse that is the 52's :wave:

Tis good fun , hard work but very rewarding , so get stuck in , post up & call in to others threads to leave feedback (y)

This.

Welcome.

Cheers.

I struggled thinking of something for this theme which was within my capabilities, so after spending a lot of time persuading my model i came up with this,

I used a very basic set up for this, the on camera flash was bounced of the ceiling and a table lamp was used to back light the teddy

Week 1 Sin by yuri fisher, on Flickr

great background and seperation of the subject with backlight
I like the dof with focus on the bear personally
Cute wee bear looks too sweet for sin tho :LOL:
Great start (y)

Hi Yuri - Great black background, nice lighting and get the theme, good start (y)

Thanks Dark Knight

Hello, Yuri.

Good start. Cracking black BG and well lit. I'd like to see all the chocolates in focus.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, i guessed the dof would have mixed opinions

great background and seperation of the subject with backlight
I like the dof with focus on the bear personally
Cute wee bear looks too sweet for sin tho :LOL:
Great start (y)

Cheers Bruce, I thought the same about the bear but then i thought along the lines that the quiet one's are normally the worst :)

agree with everyone about the background (y) would like to have seen more sweets and i would really like to know what the bear is looking at. nice start

Hi Yuri

that is one lovely shot to start your project with mister (y)

Love the bear , great bg, really well lit (y)( must try that setup sometime cos I'm carp with lighting ) DOf I'm still thinking about....thought about it.....doesn't bother me, think the shot works well as it is (y)

Nice composition and gat lighting Yuri.

I'm partial to a bit of Cadburys myself too :)

Good start fella (y)

Good start Yuri. Great colours and DoF, and bang on theme.

You do need to include a link to this thread in the main thread though please; took me quite a while to find you!

Good take on the theme for sure but the pictures not doing it for me.

I can see why you went for the depth of field but really the chocolates need to be in focus as the theme is Sin. I also think it's cropped too tight and you've chopped through the chocolates on the right, again at odds with the theme.

agree with everyone about the background (y) would like to have seen more sweets and i would really like to know what the bear is looking at. nice start

Cheers Allen there would have been more sweet's but my other half was eating them like they were going out of fashion and i think it was eying up my beer on the side :)

Hi Yuri

that is one lovely shot to start your project with mister (y)

Love the bear , great bg, really well lit (y)( must try that setup sometime cos I'm carp with lighting ) DOf I'm still thinking about....thought about it.....doesn't bother me, think the shot works well as it is (y)

Thanks Lynne, i struggle with light myself it was just luck that i spotted how the table lamp was lighting the back with a test shot :)

Nice composition and gat lighting Yuri.

I'm partial to a bit of Cadburys myself too :)

Good start fella (y)

Thanks Dave (y)

Good start Yuri. Great colours and DoF, and bang on theme.

You do need to include a link to this thread in the main thread though please; took me quite a while to find you!

Thanks Mark, there should have been a link in my signature but will add one to post aswell :)

Good take on the theme for sure but the pictures not doing it for me.

I can see why you went for the depth of field but really the chocolates need to be in focus as the theme is Sin. I also think it's cropped too tight and you've chopped through the chocolates on the right, again at odds with the theme.

Thanks Paul, i had to go in tight as i was restricted by the size of my background, i prefer the shallow dof myself but that all comes down to personal taste :)

I really like the lighting techniques you've used here Yuri focussing on the bear and blurring the foreground. Maybe a little tightly cropped but perhaps that was your intention.

I don't mind the tight crop - it looks intentional rather than a careless chopping of a corner, and I love the black background - really isolates the subject!

Presume you have a flashgun rather than the built in flash?? If it was the built in - how do you bounce it off the ceiling?

Good shot for the first. Good colour of bear and great b/g

I woud have preferred to see all the chocs in focus as the front box really spoils it for me as the writing is so oof. In fact it might look better without that altogether as the other chocs look more of a scale withthe bear.

I am a bit late to the party for commenting Yuri, it's all been mentioned above so I will just say good start to your 52 and good luck for the weeks ahead. (y) iain

Always good to see a bit of time spent setting up a shot. I like it. The depth of field works for me, and I'm left to imagine what Mr Bear is looking at. Probably a jar of honey on the end of a fishing line :)

Keep it up!

Ian.

Nice lighting. Only thing I'd like to see different would be to not cut off the chocolate on the right hand side. I hope some of that chocolate is still left, Mr Teddy looks very happy with himself :)

Like this, Yuri. The "path" leads the eye nicely into the pic and the windmill is as ainteresting focus. That place is bleak, and this is convincing! Only doubt is the sky, kind of an odd colour unless it's about to snow, but somehow it doesn't feel like that?

No, Yuri, I've seen that windmill a few time on here.

It's well composed and nice detail. I'd like to see it a fair bit closer, with the WB tweaked.

Cheers.

:agree: its a bit too distant far to much foreground and the WB needs a tweek

Thanks for the feedback, pp is something i have very basic knowledge of but the comments encouraged me to go back into lightroom and have a bit of a play with the image to see what i could do to improve it, and i found just by cooling the wb a little it really improved the image, i also tried various crops and agree it would have improved the shot if i hadn't been so lazy at the time and actually moved closer to the windmill.

Good composition and lead in lines, nice shot.

Hi, keep learning (y)

Nice interpretation. Not sure if you could, bit I'd have got a lot closer. Excluding the top,and bottom parts to really show the sand falling.

I might have been tempted to reduce the yellows, if you are able

Cheers.

Agee with Andy about the colour and getting closer in to the subject good idea on the theme

I agree with the above regarding the framing but I like the idea and on the whole a nice shot.

Hi yuri

Season...I really like that image....as one who normally like's close up shots I think this works well as it is (y)... I may be tempteed to crop a smidge off the rhs

Gravity....like the idea , poss a smidge closer & tone the yellow a smidge but overall I think it works (y)

Hi Yuri, Season: a lovely shot, bleak winters day although the windmill is a just a little far away. Gravity: Good blend of colours but I think it may have benefit from a crop and closer in for detail. Good job see you next week!

Sorry, seem to have missed your first posts

Sin - lovely clear picture and good definition, might have liked a little less foreground but just being picky

Season - Lovely shot and certain cold feeling and seasonal

Gravity, not so keen on this one, does not look sharp and small in small frame. Would like to see falling sand as that is what the gravity aspect is about. You have a nice clean black background to set it off though

Back