Daily Robs 365 for 2013

Edit My Images
No
Well here we go, see how long i can keep this up.

001 by treboraj20, on Flickr

Last edited:
Welcome Rob, and Happy New Year!

You must have been up earlier than me this morning. Appropriate start to the new year..

Phil

Welcome to the 365s Rob - great start to the year :)

I call this one "Whos bright idea was this 365" :D:D

002 by treboraj20, on Flickr

Excellent!!! Well done I love shots like this :)

Thanks guys, i just hope i can keep them interesting.

rob...

here.. take a seat...it's about the light bulb, and ok the clock too. Its great you're stepping out and doing this project... outstanding. But... first the bulb.... what happened between this one and the one on your flickr page..

Just a Bulb by treboraj20, on Flickr

The big difference that stands out is the background. In 'just a bulb' its dark yet keeping the interior sharp and defined. Here, yes the inner gubbings are sharp..but the background lacks the punch 'Just a bulb' does.

... Now.. the clock. Brilliant technique. Love the hand movement, excellant in fact. But again, room for improvement i feel because the clock face is bland again. Its dull... i've seen your landscapes and they are marvellous, Helvellyn in particular. So you don't think i'm just putting it down, here is an example of my clock i did...By using light you can focus the eye to the hand movement:

Day 066 365 Time by Kev_H, on Flickr

the dark edging i felt pushes the eye into the clock face and the movement is noticeable.

Hope you find this project an interesting and worthwhile endeavour.

Great Shot Rob :)

rob...

here.. take a seat...it's about the light bulb, and ok the clock too. Its great you're stepping out and doing this project... outstanding. But... first the bulb.... what happened between this one and the one on your flickr page..

The big difference that stands out is the background. In 'just a bulb' its dark yet keeping the interior sharp and defined. Here, yes the inner gubbings are sharp..but the background lacks the punch 'Just a bulb' does.

... Now.. the clock. Brilliant technique. Love the hand movement, excellant in fact. But again, room for improvement i feel because the clock face is bland again. Its dull... i've seen your landscapes and they are marvellous, Helvellyn in particular. So you don't think i'm just putting it down, here is an example of my clock i did...By using light you can focus the eye to the hand movement:

the dark edging i felt pushes the eye into the clock face and the movement is noticeable.

Hope you find this project an interesting and worthwhile endeavour.

I didn't want to just repeat my old photos so i tried something new, the bulb shot which is dark is just a plain shot of a bulb in a dark room.
Yesterdays entry is a stack of two photos one with the bulb off and one with it on, then stacked so that the outside glass and shadow underneath the bulb are well defined.
My clock photo, i had limited time to produce an image, i don't always have an hour or so to come up with an idea and set it all up then process it. I had about 5 minutes that day. Like today im going to struggle, im in work for 7:20 to about 20:00, no idea where to fit taking a picture in.

Thanks for the comments though all taken on board, im hoping some days i will have plenty of time to come up with something.

Last edited:
Sorry for the lack of imagination, i always knew there would be days when i didnt have any ideas, but my goal is to get using my cameras more and stop making excuses why not to use them.

003.jpg by treboraj20, on Flickr

I think we are all going to struggle some days but keep them coming.
Liking your bulb shot from yesterday, missed it somehow among so many new threads.

Oh the struggle days are the worst for me - my imagination wont work properly unless it is outside :LOL: But great work so far Rob :)

Just come across this thread, I'm liking your work so far. I think there are going to be days when all of us struggle tbh. I have no qualms whatsoever about sticking a phone pic in, just to keep things ticking over ;)

I really like the light bulb - must try something like that.
Just come across this thread, I'm liking your work so far. I think there are going to be days when all of us struggle tbh. I have no qualms whatsoever about sticking a phone pic in, just to keep things ticking over ;)
I think we will all have days like that. Two of my three so far are phone shots - I have my phone with me every day - I don't have my camera unless I purposely take it out. So its my intention right from the start to use phone images as well.

Here is yesterdays. Some new life for the new year. I like this one more for the quality of the image considering its from a compact camera set at ISO 1600. I initially went out late for some star trails but it was too cloudy.

004.jpg by treboraj20, on Flickr

Last edited:
bulbs already ??/ ...Hmmm best start thinking about what im going to do with my gardens :) lovely detail on the bulbs

wonderful shot with nice details :) Cant wait for spring now - only 2.5mths to go :D

Today's picture, I have spent all day working in the back garden and this is securing the ladders, it seemed a suitable day 5 picture.

005.jpg by treboraj20, on Flickr

Tomorrow I am off to Rivington in the morning so I'm sure I will find something suitable there for day 6.

Last edited:
Oh I like the new growth (y) that works really well, talk about first signs of spring (y) I cannot wait, not sold on the pad lock it looks gloriously rusty but the cool white balance is taking all that out of the image :( very nice find on the "5" for the 5/365 :clap: just needs a white balance fix IMO

Oh I like the new growth (y) that works really well, talk about first signs of spring (y) I cannot wait, not sold on the pad lock it looks gloriously rusty but the cool white balance is taking all that out of the image :( very nice find on the "5" for the 5/365 :clap: just needs a white balance fix IMO

Sorted the WB, thanks for the tip.

Excellent, I love "detail" shots like this. Shame you just clipped the bottom of the padlock though ;)

Oh, that is lovely such gorgeous colours. Once the girls are back at school tomorrow, I'm hoping to catch a sunrise or two myself - it's only the enforced getting up early that will allow me to do it ;)

Sorted the WB, thanks for the tip.

That looks so much better (y)

Today's is great, a wonderful sunrise and I love how that single tree stands out :clap:

Last edited:
That.......... Is stunning..... Jaw dropping. The balance of colour and darkness with clouds... Well done!!

ABSO-BL**DY-LUTELY Gorgeous!!!!! :D Great work there Rob

Back