Daily ShoeQueen's 365 2013

Name
Lynn
Edit My Images
No
Decided to try the photo a day challenge. Got an iPhone a few weeks ago and am finding its bringing a bit more fun back into photography and I'm taking shots when/where I wouldn't have my DSLR. So will be using that as well as the DSLR.

So to start off this is one from 1st Jan - after a great party and lovely breakfast we went for a wander at the back of the hotel and I tried using the pano on my iPhone. Due to starting off in the brightest area some of the rest was underexposed so I've done a quick edit in LR.

Day 1.

Day 1 by Lynn Stanfield, on Flickr

Welcome to the challenge Lynn. Looking forward to seeing your stuff through the year. Where in NI are you out of curiosity?

Phil

Subscribed to your thread!! Lovely first image.... Good luck :)

Welcome to the challenge Lynn. Looking forward to seeing your stuff through the year. Where in NI are you out of curiosity?

Phil
Thanks Phil. I think it will be a challenge some days! I'm just outside Belfast but the first shot is from Enniskillen as we were there for New Year.
Subscribed to your thread!! Lovely first image.... Good luck :)
Thanks, looking forward to it and following all the other threads too. :)

Thanks!

Day 2

After the shoe comments I thought today's shot should be my Christmas and NYE party shoes - set aside and not needed... (Sparkly wedge shoes, so they will get worn in the summer months too but they'll go away in the cupboard for a while now.)

Last edited:
Ooooh shoes!!!.....:love::love::love: great shot, love the warm colour(y)

nice shots, love the first one, I'll keep a close eye on this thread as I'm basing mine on the iphone too
That one of course wasn't the iPhone - D700 and 50 1.4 - but I think a lot will be iPhone. I'll follow yours with interest too!

Edit - I mean day 2 wasn't on the iPhone - day 1 was!

Last edited:
My Mrs says they are very nice, what would I know :thinking:
Impulse buy - about £10 in the Quiz sale in Abbeycentre. Surprisingly comfortable - as long as I don't try to move too fast... lol!

Great start, but number one is a very clear favourite for me :)

Thanks all for the welcome and feedback. Really helps! I can see how doing this in a community like this is going to be fun - already enjoying the other threads too.

(I will try to remember to get a shoe shot each month - given my forum name it seems apt!)

Thanks - yes I've been impressed by the iPhone's camera if you get the light right & the panoramic feature is fun.

Hi Lynn. your 1st is beautiful, i saw it on flickr, lush and green.

The shoes though... i've used shoes in my projects, and feel your DOF is too shallow... the colour is pleasant. but do you not think you haven't excentuated the toes enough. I just feel the upper half of the photo is bright and the straps are distracting. Perhaps i'm thinking the direct approach is too much, have you/did you try an angle to them?

Good luck with your project

Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to play with really shallow DOF because of the long sparkly bit - with it going out of focus - and them to look like they'd just been taken off & left on the floor.

I'll be doing more shoes in the 365 so will try different angles.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to play with really shallow DOF because of the ling sparkly bit - with it going out of focus - and them to look like they'd just been taken off & left on the floor.

I'll be doing more shoes in the 365 so will try different angles.

Its great to hear your thoughts behind the shoes, thanks (y)

Day 3
Back to the iPhone for today. Was out for coffee with a friend and like many I'm planning on eating a healthier diet this year... one of the things I should aim for is to take less sugar in my coffee!

Very nice start to your 365, I think that I may well have to resort to chucking the odd phone pic in every now and again. Which will be OK if they're taken in the middle of the day :LOL:

Yes this was taken in a dimly lit coffee shop after dark. Would have been better in better light (or with my camera).

Now I'm definitely going to have to throw some phone pics in throughout the year. Good to know you can get such good images from out your pocket!

Now I'm definitely going to have to throw some phone pics in throughout the year. Good to know you can get such good images from out your pocket!
I think its having a phone with a camera that has made the 365 more accessible for me at least. I don't always have to have my main camera with me to get a shot.

Works well, lighting hasn't given any hot spots, just nice even light.
Thanks.

I like that (y) I like the idea of combining the two images, it makes a good pairing :clap: and very impressive for your phone, I know others get great results with there phone but mine are nearly always pitiful :(

I like that (y) I like the idea of combining the two images, it makes a good pairing :clap: and very impressive for your phone, I know others get great results with there phone but mine are nearly always pitiful :(
Thanks - I thought they worked better together as two.

Its an iPhone 5 and I've been quite impressed by it so far.

Back