Daily ~Sam~'s 365 - one day at a time

Name
Samantha
Edit My Images
Yes
Now that I have managed an entire two days, I thought I might as well jump in to try and ensure I carry on for at least another two days (especially since I am really enjoying the threads others have posted). Having posted that I would to this in the past and not even getting to day 1, I wanted to at least make sure I managed to go and take ONE photo!

No rules for me - and not every day is even going to be something I am even vaguely happy with I would guess...just a shot a day and if you like some of them, it makes me happier! :)

{ETA it's been a while since I posted a photo, so will have to go and relearn before postin....this could take a while!!!}

My 365 - day 1 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

They've locked the gates of the local playground, so I thought this could maybe be some kind of philosophical slant on locking away the last year...or whatever...what I wound up with was this - honestly, it was a wonder I left the house at all, let alone managed to take a photo.

Last edited:
Amazingly, I found something that very loosely fitted to yesterday's shot!

Play Has Been Suspended (2/365) by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Nasty, drizzly, grey day, so where better to go but to a playground for inspiration! These little wings looked very sad and lonely.

Both good shots with plenty of detail Sam, keep up the good work.

Phil

Excellent post both of them.... First i love, chains are so cool to capture!

Swings.. brilliant..Deserted playgrounds are ace although that does sound a little dodgy!:D:D

Looking forward to seeing more so no backing out now...:razz::D

Swings.. brilliant..Deserted playgrounds are ace although that does sound a little dodgy!:D:D

Swings to the left of me,
children to the right,
here I am,
stuck in the middle with you (my camera)
:D:D

Swings to the left of me,
children to the right,
here I am,
stuck in the middle with you (my camera)
:D:D

Now i wonder what i'm going to be singing all night!!! hahaha

The chains work well. :) I've made it to day two now as well - here's to the rest of the year!

hi sam. image one very strong work there. sharp and intriguing.

for image two, could you have gotten in closer to the near swing and empathise the two of them. And i know you cannot always control the background..but the red frame is drawing my eye away from the second swing..red being more dominant.

Good luck with your project.

hi sam. image one very strong work there. sharp and intriguing.

for image two, could you have gotten in closer to the near swing and empathise the two of them. And i know you cannot always control the background..but the red frame is drawing my eye away from the second swing..red being more dominant.

Good luck with your project.

Thank you for your comments - I agree about the red in the background and did not notice that until I went to post..I should have taken more care to mute that in PP.

I also see what you mean about getting closer to the near swing - and I had tried to do so (this was not the first photo taken) but need to be more patient about things!

I appreciate the feedback - thank you! :)

Thank you for your comments - I agree about the red in the background and did not notice that until I went to post..I should have taken more care to mute that in PP.

I also see what you mean about getting closer to the near swing - and I had tried to do so (this was not the first photo taken) but need to be more patient about things!

I appreciate the feedback - thank you! :)

you're welcome sam... (y)

Do you have a chain theme going on? lol seriously great shots ...looking forward to seeing the rest

Love both of them Sam, and welcome to the mad house, were a nut's lot in here but very friendly we only bite when asked to :naughty:

Matt

Thanks, Matt! :)

Both cracking shots, keep going :)

Thank you! :)

Do you have a chain theme going on? lol seriously great shots ...looking forward to seeing the rest

It does look as though I'm developing a bit of a 'thing' for chains! I'm not though! LOL. Thank you for your comment! :)

I like the idea of your thinking in the first shot. I fear that I too will be posting the occassional oh well, at least it's a photo type shot, be it from camera or phone :LOL:

I also have a lot to relearn and am hoping this will help to bring my mojo back :)

It seems a few of us have had a slightly frustrating day today. I've had a shocker - couldn't take a good shot at all, so this was about the best of a very bad bunch. Hey, still posting though, so all's good! :LOL::crying::LOL:

8342858705_0431440b05.jpg
[/url] 365 Day 3 by ~sammi~, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hey Sam, great start to your 365.

First shot is bang on, love the detail and DOF.

Agree with what someone else said about the 2nd shot, maybe could've got in a little closer to the swing to increase DOF.

Third shot, lovely set of colours, maybe just crop the top a little bit to change the composition of the shot slightly and fill the frame totally with the different colour range of fruit.

Still a great start, now subscribed and looking forward to seeing more. I'm shocking in keep up with challenges like this, but this year I've got the bit between me teeth and determined to see it through. Even debating doing the 52 too :wacky::wacky: even though I only managed week 20 in that last year :D.

Keep going, if I can do it, you certainly can.

A market shot is a good idea. I think as we go on we'll have tough days and other days with several ideas that can fill a few days (though knowing me if I had several I'd forget them all the next day...)

I'm glad i am not the only one to suffer on day3! tho i am sorry you have at the same time... its frustrating isn't it... but.....you've done well here and the colours are lovely!(y)

Keep at it!:D

strong bright colours ...not enough colour around on these drab days

Hey Sam, great start to your 365.

First shot is bang on, love the detail and DOF.

Agree with what someone else said about the 2nd shot, maybe could've got in a little closer to the swing to increase DOF.

Third shot, lovely set of colours, maybe just crop the top a little bit to change the composition of the shot slightly and fill the frame totally with the different colour range of fruit.

Still a great start, now subscribed and looking forward to seeing more. I'm shocking in keep up with challenges like this, but this year I've got the bit between me teeth and determined to see it through. Even debating doing the 52 too :wacky::wacky: even though I only managed week 20 in that last year :D.

Keep going, if I can do it, you certainly can.

Thank you for your comments - I will have a go at a closer crop on three. I'd already cropped to take out some rather nasty background rubbish so maybe should have 'pruned' a little more!

I think I may well turn out to be 'shocking' at this as well - the idea is great...the reality when coupled with a job that doesn't allow much time is somewhat different. I am SO bad at anything indoors, so just maybe this is my kick up the backside to learn for those days I am not anywhere. :)

A market shot is a good idea. I think as we go on we'll have tough days and other days with several ideas that can fill a few days (though knowing me if I had several I'd forget them all the next day...)

Well, the market was there and right outside where I work, so the obvious choice (not so inspired after all!). I know what you mean about the good and bad days - some days I could probably take enough to find a reasonable one a day for the next few days and others I can't even think about what to do (which is not great considering this is day four!! :help::D:D)

I'm glad i am not the only one to suffer on day3! tho i am sorry you have at the same time... its frustrating isn't it... but.....you've done well here and the colours are lovely!(y)

Keep at it!:D

Thanks for the comment, I was surprised and also kind of reassured that some of us had found it a little frustrating so early on - at least I am not totally alone in that!! I think, also, for me, that thinking about the fun of the project and the 'hey I will learn loads' etc, took precedence over the 'oh, hell, what do I do now?' :shake::puke:

strong bright colours ...not enough colour around on these drab days

Thank you! It was a good day for fruit and veg yesterday!! (y)

Who'd have guessed I'd start this and end up even less confident about my photos within the first week? Not me for sure, but this whole work thing really gets in the way of having fun with the camera. Today has been even worse, with having to spend two hours with a colleague for 'security protocol' blah blah and another hour or two chained to an area I don't usually work in....all with a new (lovely) manager - ran out, took 'pics' , ran back in. :crying:

On the other hand, the weather was quite nice and didn't need to put up the hood on my coat, so it's all good!! :LOL:

So - Day Four....

Loughborough Carillon by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Lovely Sam! I know how you feel.... Sure is taxing lol

Back