Daily Donnie's 365 for 2013

Welcome! The first shot is super, really like those sort of abstract shots. Keep it up!

I like this in mono.

I'd liked to have seen more space to the right though

This is my shot for today as it's also my shot for the first week of the themed 52 too, I don't see any point in doubling the workload.

Again I've used monochrome and nearly went for a stark pure black and white but it was too much for the sky, this version retains a degree of depth in the sky while still suiting the theme I feel.

365_11 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Nice to see you also catching up (y) thought I didn't realise that was what you were going to do :D as 365's star at any time of the year and as such can fishing at any time of the year it's just more start on the 1/1 I think it has something to do with alcohol :cautious:

Some interesting images today particularly liking your actualy POTD thought it feels a little under exposed :thinking:

Cheers all, yeah i did lighten it a little but maybe didn't go far enough, Im not re editing though:razz: :D:D

As for the 365 yeah, Im going to catch up as I want it to finish ready for next years (assuming I carry on) it's just easier for the way my brain works :bonk::bonk:

Donnie said:
Cheers all, yeah i did lighten it a little but maybe didn't go far enough, Im not re editing though:razz: :D:D

As for the 365 yeah, Im going to catch up as I want it to finish ready for next years (assuming I carry on) it's just easier for the way my brain works :bonk::bonk:

Oh we have a true nutter in the mad house talk of a second year already :eek: I like your style ;)

Liking that a lot Donnie. Can see it on a coffee shop wall or something, lovely tones.

Hi Paul and welcome to the 365 (y)

Good strong start so far. My faves have to be the field shot with the man hanging from the tree and the moped shot is just lovely, great processing and composition too.

Liking that a lot Donnie. Can see it on a coffee shop wall or something, lovely tones.

Cheers :woot:

Lovely conversion and nice composition - is it yours?

No, far too tidy for me, it's my mates one, mines this one :)

My Lambretta and I by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

This is very nice, good use of lighting

It was the shadow that did it for me, I do love the light in the winter when we see the sun, this was taken about 1pm.

Hi Paul and welcome to the 365 (y)

Good strong start so far. My faves have to be the field shot with the man hanging from the tree and the moped shot is just lovely, great processing and composition too.

Cheers. You will have the scooter riders after you though calling it a moped :bat: :D
That works well (y) I like the processing (y) it's funny though we often complain about clutter in the background put part of me needs this to have an interesting background to give it some story :thinking:

I was a bit wary of the background when shooting but agree with you that it works, I did crop a little from the top as I'd managed to get the front wheel of a ford focus in there, that just had to go (y)

Ah yes, I've seen that before - love the doors as a background there. Got to love some nicely weathered painted wood :D

Back