The Stare of the Eagle Owl

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks,
Normally I don't post in here because I am more of a landscaper / portrait photographer, but decided to revisit bird photography as I wanted to do it for sometime but no time to do it.

Here is one shot of the Eagle Owl.

Thanks for looking andy

8378833839_672c6c8a67_c.jpg

Large Version:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8509/8378833839_da90987d00_h.jpg

thanks for the comments

andy

Is it a captive bird bud?

Be interesting to know if it wild or not, any chance of an answer?

We do have wild ones scattered about, so just curious as to whether it is or not.

I would say Captive Ade, guessing the Barn Owl Center Gloucester, looks like Kaln! I would stand corrected if I am wrong though.

I would say Captive Ade, guessing the Barn Owl Center Gloucester, looks like Kaln! I would stand corrected if I am wrong though.

No jesses though, surely an owl center would not fly a bird, of this model, without jesses or a tracker on it?

No jesses though, surely an owl center would not fly a bird, of this model, without jesses or a tracker on it?

They do with this Bird, Ade. It is a cracking bird too.

Certainly looks like the barn owl centre, a fantastic place for photography and excellent light on this one

Stan

I'm sure your right Papa! the only thing thats missing is the post he is about to land on, and I think he has a metal ring on his right leg.

TOTALY cracking shot. Love it.

Astonishing - both composition and detail. What a beauty (y)

Well he's been back on line Ade and it does not seem he would like to confirm it's a captive bird......It's a lovely shot ,just a pity he can't come back with a bit more info ..

I think it is safe to assume a captive bird with some cloning done. I wish peple would be honest and say so when posting these type of shots.

The backlight works well and it is a rather good shot when all said and done.

Hi,
Yes I am floating around but don't visit this bird section too often, yes I can confirm it is a captive bird, but no cloning was done on the bird.

I'm used to looking at your great landscapes but this is stunning Andy. Focus is spot on and the backlighting through the feathers is superb.

cheers peter, yeah I fancied doing a bit of birding, which isn't what I usually do but really happy I got the result I did!

Back