Daily Hopefully you'll Humor Homer's Humble 365!

Edit My Images
Yes
Ok here goes, a bit late to the game but only just remembered about this forum :shrug:

I've been doing my 365 since Jan 1st, my reasoning for doing it is fairly simple I'd lost heart in photography last year for a few reasons and found myself not out snapping much and decided it was time to reignite my love for taking photo's. I plan to showcase the things I love (the Irish scenery, rallying ect) and no doubt I'll need all the inspiration I can get soon enough.

I've no real specific targets apart from learning new things skill's or at least attempting them and ticking them off the list so to speak. I've very basic gear (canon 1000d, kit lens and a 75 300 4 -5.6.) but it does my job perfectly....

... anyway enough ramballing more shots, here are a few of my shots thus far!

The first 2 made it to explore :eek: in fact 5 of my first 10 photos made it too explore somehow the first photo's I've ever had make it to explore! Anyway my set so far is here.

I'm always open to criticism and comment of any sort really feel free!

Dean.

Last edited:
Welcome to the madhouse/crazy corner, I've added your thread to the sticky list of 365er's (y) I'm sure some of the other nutter will be calling in to welcome you to the crazy corner, you've got some cracking photo's there I can see why they made it into explore (y)

Matt

Hi Dean. Welcome to this crazy corner of the forum. You have a good first 10 there, particularly like the landscape ones. Where in ireland are you? And where is the lighthouse? I will get a look at all of your 365 today sometime.

Hi, really like the bokeh coming out from the guitar, good start for your 365

Oooh nice photos so far!!.... welcome :wave: you do realise once here we don't let you back out don't you?:D:D

Subscribed to your thread and looking forward to seeing more(y)

Hi Dean, great set so far, love the guitar, SP and fire (what man doesn't like fire!). Welcome aboard (y)

Hi Dean. Welcome to this crazy corner of the forum. You have a good first 10 there, particularly like the landscape ones. Where in ireland are you? And where is the lighthouse? I will get a look at all of your 365 today sometime.

Thanks Phil. Donegal near Letterkenny. the lighthouse is a bit of a trek (Fanad lighthouse) it's geotagged if you click through to flickr it will give you exact location. It's a great place, very photogenic but be warned its always, always freezing cold with howling wind, he he.

Hi, really like the bokeh coming out from the guitar, good start for your 365

Love the lighthouse shot! Really beautiful!

Cheers, the guitar was one of those slow days, so I just started looked aroud the room spied the guitar, torch & a decorative fake plant with fairy lights (that I hate but she insists on keeping here) and put them together!

Oooh nice photos so far!!.... welcome :wave: you do realise once here we don't let you back out don't you?:D:D

Subscribed to your thread and looking forward to seeing more(y)

Thanks you! I've been told that. I did find one door but it was blocked by some angry hipsters so I decided it'd be best to stay (y)

Hi Dean, great set so far, love the guitar, SP and fire (what man doesn't like fire!). Welcome aboard (y)

Great work Homer (Dean) welcome to the crazy corner pal

Ta very much. Well if the corner wasn't crazy before now it will be with me in here, he he.

Seriously thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Soooo onto day 35 and something totally different and new to me a time lapse video, not the greatest one you'll ever see but it was only really a test and saying it took so long to process it will have to do :p

http://www.flickr.com/photos/irl_deano/8444359689/in/photostream/

In a nutshell this is a snippet into max's day, playing with his toys, the wind started howling and I seized my chance. He chased one ball a few times then gave up and went to his kennel instead!

I'm not strictly sure if videos are allowed in a 365 but I have 2 backup photo's if I discover they ain't. They should be allowed though as its still photography though right?

Thanks Phil. Donegal near Letterkenny. the lighthouse is a bit of a trek (Fanad lighthouse) it's geotagged if you click through to flickr it will give you exact location. It's a great place, very photogenic but be warned its always, always freezing cold with howling wind, he he.

Ah, i know roughly where Fanad is and i know all Donegal fairly well, used to deliver up to Letterkenny, Creeslough, Dunfanaghy, Ardara, Donegal town, Buncrana etc. And im up near Donegal town weekend of 15th/16th for a couple of nights, the wife is taking me for my birthday. And was up in Glenveagh a couple of times last year, its really nice up there.
Had a quick look through all you 365 so far, liking your Lab and the landscapes, nice so far.

Phil

Great stuff so far and I look forward to more! (y) For some reason, today's sin't showing up on here for me :thinking: I'll try another refresh later!

Edit - OK, I actually read your post now! didn't realise it's a vid and TP has been a bit funny for me on Chrome for a while so assumed it had mucked up again!!....slinks off to have a look.....

Last edited:
Today I decided I was going to have some fun while taking my photo. what better way than larking about in a puddle. It's far from a great photo but needed some relief, injection of fun and that I did achieve! :bonk:

It was fairly difficult shot to get considering I was on my own my own and the wind was howling, I had terrible visions of someone coming down my road and not seeing the camera on the road verge, all ended ok though.

Now that WAS risky!!.... Paid off tho looks fun and ace capture :grin:

I don't know what humor is but I don't mind a bit of humour.

I like the fire and guitar shots.

Steve.

Now that WAS risky!!.... Paid off tho looks fun and ace capture :grin:

Thanks, no risk no reward I guess.

Love it Homer, risky but for the right reasons.............Great work

Thank you. Was more worried with the wind than someone hitting the tripod / camera TBH. The fact that about 10 cars traverse my road a day helps, ha ha.

I don't know what humor is but I don't mind a bit of humour.

I like the fire and guitar shots.

Steve.

Humor & humour are the same thing, It's a bit like potatoe / patatoe, one is the same as the other, just spelled differently.

:LOL: What a cracking idea (y)

Cheers, I have a few more similar idea's but requires better weather ;)

Off to a great start and I love the guitar shot. Look forward to seeing more

Thank in you, I used a B&W for the guitar took a colour one also prefer that one now myself wished I'd used that one instead :p

Today's photo isn't what I had planned, my planned shot didn't work out, but I spotted some angry clouds coming in over the windfarm in the distance, waited a second till the light hit the wind turbines but only just and clicked. Not great but its ok I guess.

That scooby is a cracker, not many of those to be seen over in Ireland, I know my brother in law over there would be very jealous having had to sell his a couple of years back, what part of Ireland are you in?

Like the simplicity of the Lemon

Thanks, Tis what I was aiming for ;)

Angry clouds? I hope you legged it as that looked like it was going to be a right downpour!

I had the camera propped on my car roof so took shelter about 10 seconds after this shot, lol.

That scooby is a cracker, not many of those to be seen over in Ireland, I know my brother in law over there would be very jealous having had to sell his a couple of years back, what part of Ireland are you in?

Cheers, Not many of these bugeye (minus the bugeyes :p) shape one's the same as mine around no. Even scarcer in my guise, non turbo AWD. Donegal I live, lots of other shape Impreza's about up here.

Last edited:
Really like the lemon on the black background - sets it off so well (y)

My last 3 days were;

39 a rush job passing though Letterkenny just about had time to stop, snap & go again,
8457139116_f97ee3b4a3_c.jpg

40 seen Donnies CD photo and tried to take it a bit further with smoke , didn't really work,
8459498758_f0f41095d6_c.jpg

41 Had myself some nerd sweets that I used to love as a kid, yip they were disgusting, lol,
8462200833_40615cee17_c.jpg

Don't think I've ever has a Nerd in my life :shake: However, they make for a great photo op

Some nice shots there Dean! Loving the landscape shot of the sunrise. Where was that taken?

The bowl of nerds is a great shot!

Thanks I was really struggling for something to snap and this popped into my head from nowhere, I love that feeling :LOL:

Nerds look ace but taste :puke:

Thank you, yeah the really are rank! The things we used to eat as kids!

Some nice shots. Have to disagree about the Nerds being disgusting, I still like them :)

Cheers, Oh think on your poor teeth, you're better of going and eating a bag of sugar I'd imagine :geek:

Don't think I've ever has a Nerd in my life :shake: However, they make for a great photo op

That they do and your not missing out on much by not having eaten them, he he.

Some nice shots there Dean! Loving the landscape shot of the sunrise. Where was that taken?

County Donegal, a stones throw from my house. Just a random field looking at a random hill nothing really exciting about the location TBH.

Today's photo was all about trying to convey my feelings in a photo, got some shocking news this morning hence the expression, and as a result I found myself being able to focus on some tasks perfectly but some tasks I just couldn't focus on :help:

Clever idea, but the processing is probably just a touch severe for me

Back