MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
A little photo of a Danaus plexippus (Monarch) butterfly getting some nectar

Danaus plexippus (Monarch) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

As with all my photo's comments and critique are welcomed and appreciated (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Love the colour palette Matt - makes me think of summer :)

The thing that bugs me is the DoF being very shallow and only really getting the head/body totally sharp... the ends of the wings are soft due to being out of the DoF and it just jars a little IMO. I know working at these distances with such small subjects creates this issue of narrow DoF, but that's my observation :)

Love the colour palette Matt - makes me think of summer :)

The thing that bugs me is the DoF being very shallow and only really getting the head/body totally sharp... the ends of the wings are soft due to being out of the DoF and it just jars a little IMO. I know working at these distances with such small subjects creates this issue of narrow DoF, but that's my observation :)

I know what you mean Pat, the DoF really isn't helped that I was shooting with my macro lens, should have took the 24-70 :LOL: glad you like the colours etc (y) the butterfly farms a great place as its good even in the worst weather :D

Yep, I like the one at Stratford, although in the middle of summer it's like the centre of the sun!!!! Never been anywhere so hot :LOL:

Yep, I like the one at Stratford, although in the middle of summer it's like the centre of the sun!!!! Never been anywhere so hot :LOL:

:LOL: yeah your right it can get a bit hot in there, they sell a lot of ice creme on those days I suspect

Back