Ullswater at Dawn

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Had an early start to Ullswater yesterday, left York at 3.15am, was all set up and in a deckchair by 5.22am. It was a lovely cool still morning. The sunrise wasn't much to write home about but I was pleased with this, taken at dawn before the sun rose and whilst everything was still blue. When processing the shot at one point I corrected the blue cast from the early morning light but it lost its impact.

Dawn At Ullswater by mark_mullen, on Flickr

Just a one-liner so I can find it later...images not showing at work thanks to big brother...

Another nice shot Mark and worth the early start...it's funny that colour casts are mainly seen as a bad thing but I've also found a few images where they've actually made the image much stronger

Simon

Really like this well worth the trip

Lovely image Mark..The blue tones are perfect for this.

Fantastic shot

Just spend a while look at the yours on Flickr, something to aspire too

Beautiful shot, lovely colours, framing and use of DoF.

Just awesome- well worth the crack of dawn start Mark :clap::clap:

A keeper without a doubt

Les (y)

Hi Mark,

it's a stunning picture. Being an absolute beginner can I ask if you used a polarising filter ?

Very nice. Lovely detail and the blue works really well for me. Crit, not overly keen on the lower left rock, just draws my eye out of The frame. Minor crit in a wonderful photograph

A dozen of us are of there on a TP meet in a few months, his has really whet my appetite.

Cheers.

I love the blue tones in this Mark, excellent.
If I were to suggest any change at all, it would be to crop some of the sky off and also lose the half stone on the left edge of the frame (by cropping or cloning). Then I would print it big and hang it (y)

86289641356c28177a18c.jpg

A bit late to comment but I think the image needs the extra space at the top to give it a wee bit of balance. Close crop loses a lot of the mood. Very nicely done Mark - I spend most of my days at Ullswater, either working on the steamers or taking photos and this is one of my favourite views, and this is one of the best versions of it I've seen.

I like it how it is.

Appreciate the thought thats gone into the composition here too. The separation of the stones is very well done. Perfect POV - its small things like this that elevate great images from your run of the mill seascapes that are ten a penny on here.

Outstanding work Mark.

Back