Robin + others

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent an hour or so at local nature reserve and got a few shots today..nothing fancy but thought I would post them up..nice to see the woodpecker..also saw a sparrow hawk but it done a flyby and disappeared!

19c1f60d.jpg

ca4c9fe9.jpg

525a3709.jpg

5e258ee8.jpg

b9c243ff.jpg

4fe493ed.jpg

Ta mate..I got some of him perched on a log last year but none yet this year..

He did sit on a tree but had just taken the converter off so struggling for reach..:bonk: I will get more of him though..you'd have a field day with that bazooka of yours..get some great shots.

;) Great place with huge lake and 2 mile path around it..

Great shots Like them all. I was photographing Spotted Woodpeckers for about 4 hours the other day from a small hide I have in a wood nearby and managed to get a photo of the male on one side of the tree stump and the female on the opposite side.

Good set Stuart (y)
Strangley enough I was looking at that place on the net a couple of days ago, for somewhere to go in the future. It said something about entry by a permit from the wardens office. I presume that's on the site, in the car park?

Lovely set, the sun on the Robin really makes it pop from the bg.
Looks a nice place, its lovely to be able to get out again without having to crank up the iso so much isnt it! :D

Thanks Guys...permits are at a hut in the car park and they ask for £2 admission but its done on a trust basis as there is never anyone there you just put your cash through a slot in a door and take a permit..well worth a look round and Hairy if you ever fancy going there give us a shout its only a 2 min drive from my house.

Thanks again..Ina certainly been a nice weekend weather wise and tomorrow looks good as well but have to do football pics tomorrow for my sons team and website.

terrific shots Stuart
bet you're pleased with them!

First Robin is an ace shot Stu ... (y) ... last time I was in Tring I had a Swift pop into the hide I was in and perch on my shoulder ... :eek: ... eventually had to pick it off and let it out the flap ... :thinking: ... after a quick once over close-up to make sure it was alright of course ... :D ... was just a knackered youngster I think ... :shrug:

:p

Thanks Guys...permits are at a hut in the car park and they ask for £2 admission but its done on a trust basis as there is never anyone there you just put your cash through a slot in a door and take a permit..well worth a look round and Hairy if you ever fancy going there give us a shout its only a 2 min drive from my house.

Cheers Stuart; I'll very likley take you up on that on my next w/end off (y)

Back