Wireless Shutter Relase for Canon

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anybody tried one of these ?

<Link>

It seems very cheap, but looks like it would solve my problem in getting my camera closer to my bird feeder.

I know there's problems with the proper Canon ones in that they only work from the front, but this appears to be in two parts so you can set the receiver up from behind. Might work, let us know :)

I got the 40D version, from the pic it looks exactly the same but from a different ebay seller, it works a treat for me, Beats shelling out ££££ for the official Canon remote.

Not sure on that one

I got one of these and it works great on my 400d

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Phottix-Wireless-Remote-Set-C1-for-Canon-350D-400D-XTi_W0QQitemZ180213443749QQihZ008QQcategoryZ64345QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wirelessc1.jpg

(y) I have, not quite the same as your link, but still from e-bay. I bought mine from the trader 'CENTANIC' Hong Kong, 100% Feedback. Price was £4.90 + £9.00 P&P. a little more expensive than your link. However, it is great, works from all angles, wouldn't be with out it. :):)

I :love: Canon

I have one, and today I have been using it for birds at my feeder. From 40ft away it works a treat. Great for the price.

Purchased a similar one from eBay trader egatechina with a 3 day delivery for I think about £12 & it works fine.

WRemote.jpg

There's a proper Canon one in Argos for £14.99, a wireless shutter release. Getting one for my 350d tomorrow.

The Canon one is optical and doesn't work round corners so you have to be in front. It also only works with the 3xxD and 4xxD cameras.

I have one of the wireless (radio) ones as above and it works fine on my 1D.

There may be an issue with these wireless triggers when used on a 5D. Several people have reported some slight noise on the left side of shots when the wireless trigger was connected and there are theories that it is caused by RF noise.

I haven't seen any problems yet on either my 5D or 30D.

Bob

I will be in front of the camera this weekend so the wireless release will be ideal I think.

I used one on the 350D, a couple of points is that they do only work from the front and you have to be in 'IR' mode, This equates to timer mode [confusing when you grab it off the tripod to shoot something and it starts beeping!]

I would recommend the cable release, if you really want IR though I paid a couple of £'s for mine off eBay and it worked fine :)

Everything I use the release for will be on tripod stuff. Besides if the wireless release doesn't suit me, I've not wasted loads of cash.
I'll look into the cable release, but I'll need it before Sunday.

And get one like mine from Phottix so you dont have Yong Nuo written on the front! ;)

Everything I use the release for will be on tripod stuff. Besides if the wireless release doesn't suit me, I've not wasted loads of cash.
I'll look into the cable release, but I'll need it before Sunday.

Ah cool, grab the cheapie eBay one then, around £5 delivered and tiny enough to be hidden in your hand and not seen if you go for self portraits :)

Back