Fireworks!

A very nice set, the buildings/coastline give a really nice scale to the whole scene (y) on the 3rd I'm not sure I'd have used it as I find the turquoise firework on the bottom of the explosions to be a bit odd it sort of unbalances the scene a little, a shame because it's a nice colour to have in the scene just a shame they didn't do something a little different with it..I wonder if it would have been possible to include a little more of the water in the scene to pick up the colours of the fireworks in the reflection also? all round a nice set, with a cracking location for shooting the fireworks too boot (y)

A very nice set, the buildings/coastline give a really nice scale to the whole scene (y) on the 3rd I'm not sure I'd have used it as I find the turquoise firework on the bottom of the explosions to be a bit odd it sort of unbalances the scene a little, a shame because it's a nice colour to have in the scene just a shame they didn't do something a little different with it..I wonder if it would have been possible to include a little more of the water in the scene to pick up the colours of the fireworks in the reflection also? all round a nice set, with a cracking location for shooting the fireworks too boot (y)

Thanks for the reply. You're right about that third shot. Seems obvious now. My original plan was to include more of the sea to pic up the colours reflections etc, but it was really choppy and not what I was hoping for at all.
I got some from the other side of the bay last night (from a greater distance) that look pretty good. I'll post more as and when. Oh, and am going tonight too (y)
Thanks again for the crit Matt.

Thanks for the reply. You're right about that third shot. Seems obvious now. My original plan was to include more of the sea to pic up the colours reflections etc, but it was really choppy and not what I was hoping for at all.
I got some from the other side of the bay last night (from a greater distance) that look pretty good. I'll post more as and when. Oh, and am going tonight too (y)
Thanks again for the crit Matt.

Lucky git, I've not seen any fireworks in months but got some plans for later in the year :LOL: look forward to seeing some more

Last one (#4) is a beautiful shot.
Just the right balance between the firework, the sea and the coastline and you've managed to catch it without any of the smoke which is obscuring the landscape a touch in the others.
I'd like to see just a very slight crop to lose a bit from the LHS - that little bit of the side of the building creeping in is just a touch distracting. Other than that it really is very, very nice.

Agree with Matt re: the turquoise on #3 and the smoke is just a bit too much on #2. Number 1 comes a very close second for me though.

Lucky git, I've not seen any fireworks in months but got some plans for later in the year :LOL: look forward to seeing some more

Las Hogueras ended on Monday. Always there is a 5 day firework competition afterwards. It starts at midnight, so I've had plenty of late nights this past week!

3rd one appeals to me the best :)

Thank you!

Last one (#4) is a beautiful shot.
Just the right balance between the firework, the sea and the coastline and you've managed to catch it without any of the smoke which is obscuring the landscape a touch in the others.
I'd like to see just a very slight crop to lose a bit from the LHS - that little bit of the side of the building creeping in is just a touch distracting. Other than that it really is very, very nice.

Agree with Matt re: the turquoise on #3 and the smoke is just a bit too much on #2. Number 1 comes a very close second for me though.

The smoke is always a problem. :crying: Thanks for your comments (y)

Stunning images #4 is my favourite

Thank you!

Absolutely wonderful! I hope one day I can take photos as impressive as yours.

I love these images. I have tried to take fireworks numerous times and have all but given up as I never seem to be able to capture the sense of scale of them. Something which you seem to have been able to do - well done.

Absolutely wonderful! I hope one day I can take photos as impressive as yours.

(y) You seem to have got an even more pleasing vantage point for this 2nd set and they actually look a bit crisper than the first ones too.

Beautiful.

I love these images. I have tried to take fireworks numerous times and have all but given up as I never seem to be able to capture the sense of scale of them. Something which you seem to have been able to do - well done.

Thanks for the very kind comments :)

Wow - love them all. Agree that the coastline/lit buildings adds an extra dimension to the photos.

Back