F1 @ Silverstone - Yes another one!

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Well in April i found out that an oppertunity would likely come about to shoot a little known race at Silverstone.

Well as a few of you may of seen, it happened last weekend. And it was quite an experience. I had never even been to a GP before this one and i've always been a believer that you're better off watching it on TV than watching a one corner on the modern vast circuits. But the atmosphere during qualifying when Lewis took pole was superb, and the various screens dotted around the circuit made it very easy to keep aprised with what was going on. I loved it.

Anyway, enough of me going on. Here are some pics:

1. Some Aeroplanes

BRITISH_GRANDRIX_SILVERSTONE_2013-0424-L.jpg

2. Some controversy

BRITISH_GRANDRIX_SILVERSTONE_2013-8707-L.jpg

3. Some blue

BRITISH_GRANDRIX_SILVERSTONE_2013-9737-L.jpg

4. Some crowd control

SILVERSTONE_F1_2013-3683-2-L.jpg

5. Some crowd

BRITISH_GRANDRIX_SILVERSTONE_2013-8598-L.jpg

6. Some green!

BRITISH_GRANDRIX_SILVERSTONE_2013-8406-L.jpg

7. Something that isnt a Red Bull!!!

BRITISH_GRANDRIX_SILVERSTONE_2013-8190-L.jpg

8. Some Brit

BRITISH_GRANDRIX_SILVERSTONE_2013-5236-L.jpg

9. Some other Brit

BRITISH_GRANDRIX_SILVERSTONE_2013-6074-L.jpg

10. Some German

BRITISH_GRANDRIX_SILVERSTONE_2013-1004-L.jpg

11. Some ginger

BRITISH_GRANDRIX_SILVERSTONE_2013-1137-L.jpg

12. Some pitlane action

BRITISH_GRANDRIX_SILVERSTONE_2013-1066-L.jpg

Amazing, just amazing. Your blog is a fantastic read as well :)

Simon.

After following your coverage all weekend bud your blog is just the perfect finish to a superb coverage of Silverstone F1 and some stunning work as normal.

Well done again bud especially for lugging that 400 f2.8 around :)

I won't comment in detail as I have elsewhere, but I think it's important to highlight that a bunch of these were taken in general spectator areas. That alone should inspire anyone who thinks it's too difficult to shoot at places like Silverstone (particularly on a GP weekend) to think again.

why are there watermarks across your pictures...what are you frightened off here?

why are there watermarks across your pictures...what are you frightened off here?

Considering Nick is good enough to be in a position to be one of the relatively few people shooting F1 trackside, I would say protecting his images is a very wise and easy decision to make.

Nick mate, frikin awesome!

So glad you posted these on here for everyone else to see too.

As others have said, this is NickD doing his usual stuff only the scenery has changed - but that totally vindicates your developed approach.

Young MSA Photographer of the Year? You fully justify that here AGAIN, quite simply there are few as good as you working this scene.

This isn't me just blowing smoke up the behind of a friend, I genuinely believe you to be top of the game.

:notworthy:

I think these are the best I've seen, always liked your stuff but combining it with F1 provides a stunning result. Really really well done! And so jealous!

Thanks very much :)

Brilliant work! These are by far the best I have seen! As good if not better than any professional's. I hope I can eventually get to your level! Well done!

Thanks Chris!

Amazing, just amazing. Your blog is a fantastic read as well :)

Simon.

Thanks Simon, the blog is something i'm not entirely comfortable with at the moment, but really looking to continue if i can think of some content people will want to actually read haha!

Those are amazing! What shutter speed was #5 at?

Cheers! That shot is at 1/25th.

stunning - cant get enough of those.

:D

Brilliant

absolutely superb!

After following your coverage all weekend bud your blog is just the perfect finish to a superb coverage of Silverstone F1 and some stunning work as normal.

Well done again bud especially for lugging that 400 f2.8 around :)

Thankyou mate, i really appreciated your kind comments over the weekend, sorry i didn't find the time to reply to your comments. In terms of when i shoot a bike event... When MSVR come crashing back to planet earth and realise BSB isn't F1! Or i might try and find a reason to shoot a MotoGP race or the TT.

Top work, faultless.

Thanks Bryan

I won't comment in detail as I have elsewhere, but I think it's important to highlight that a bunch of these were taken in general spectator areas. That alone should inspire anyone who thinks it's too difficult to shoot at places like Silverstone (particularly on a GP weekend) to think again.

Thanks Chris, your kind comments are always appreciated :) And i take great satisfaction from shooting in spectator areas, as i think it's quite funny that so many of the professionals consider the non trackside areas as off limits as the spectators see the trackside spots! And i think the photos are very often better in terms of the atmosphere they provide than shots taken from within the fence. Plus they sell ice creams out there!

I believe strongly in protecting my images. All of these images are for sale, so its not very fair on any customers that might pay to have the images that i then provide them unprotected and free on the internet.

'Some good shots'

Love the titles, really adds to the set well.

Well done!

Thanks very much :)

Great work, loving them all.

thankyou!

Christian Horner, is that you? :LOL:

Joking aside, your panning is the best I've ever seen. Outstanding set, love photos that are able to tell a story.

Thanks! There was quite a story to tell from that weekend!

Nick mate, frikin awesome!

So glad you posted these on here for everyone else to see too.

As others have said, this is NickD doing his usual stuff only the scenery has changed - but that totally vindicates your developed approach.

Young MSA Photographer of the Year? You fully justify that here AGAIN, quite simply there are few as good as you working this scene.

This isn't me just blowing smoke up the behind of a friend, I genuinely believe you to be top of the game.

:notworthy:

You're very kind mate, and i really appreciate the kind words they mean alot :) Finger crossed i can apply it to some other F1 races in the future!

All great, but I am drawn to nbr8

Thanks Rodders!

Phenomenal set!

Cheers!

:)

Nick
Amazin !!

Thankyou mate, always appreciated!

excellent pics, keep it up, maybe one day Getty will come knocking

These are the best F1 shots Ive seen on this forum (that includes certain people who work as "pro's" at every race)

Fantastic work

Looks like this was a rare last gasp set of shots from the pitlane too now...

The three shoot at silverstone has become a classic now...all good except webber podium shot where the focus seems to have messed up

Can't believe I missed this thread for two weeks! :D

Absolutely incredible. Impossible for me to criticise anything, but I love the crowd shot, the mystical Silverstone tree shot and also number 8.

Easily one of the best f1 sets I've seen (and not just of this grand prix!).

A very nice selection of very fine images, top job indeed.
Nice to see so much variety and so many original images, which isn't as easy as some folk may imagine.
Xclnt!

Last edited:
Back