Over the White Cliffs.........

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
_G2G1008_zps4fee9d64.jpg

Thanks for popping in and looking.

C&C always welcome and appreciated :)

I'll be honest this looks kind of like a screen shot from one of the various flight sim games :thinking:

Thanks for commenting but there is no substitute for the real thing.

Tom

Great composition and a nice sharp shot, but IMO it could do with brightening. The plane seems to blend in 'too' much (I know it's camoflaged) but it needs to be punchier. Very envious of you being in a position to shoot it, what was you flying in?

Someone move that bloody aeroplane.

It's blocking a perfectly good shot of the house I grew up in! :D

Great composition and a nice sharp shot, but IMO it could do with brightening. The plane seems to blend in 'too' much (I know it's camoflaged) but it needs to be punchier. Very envious of you being in a position to shoot it, what was you flying in?

Thank you for your comments. Its was a bit of a doom and gloom day weather wise and so I so I think the Hurricane colours are representative of that day.

Was in a Piper PA-31-350.

So good timing then :D

Tom

Hope you can see your house now :)

KXB_Medals_5a_zpscb77a928.jpg

One of them - just to the right of Faraday's Light and the windmill.

Btw, I also think that the colour version could do with between ½ and ¾ worth of extra exposure, boosting the blacks and upping the contrast a bit! :)

One of them - just to the right of Faraday's Light and the windmill.

Btw, I also think that the colour version could do with between ½ and ¾ worth of extra exposure, boosting the blacks and upping the contrast a bit! :)

Thanks for re-visiting and commenting ;)

that is an excellent shot, especially the thought in that the fact it would have been flying that exact same path in the war!

that is an excellent shot, especially the thought in that the fact it would have been flying that exact same path in the war!

Thank you for your comments.

Tom

Lovely shot, one question though, how come you were so high up?

Thanks for commenting, was at 2,500 feet in an aircraft, with the Hurri in format, for these shots.

Tom

Lovely evocative shot Tom, as are the others you've posted. This particular one reminds me of a typical poster shot in a 60's "Boy's Own" magazine.

Bob

Cheers for your comments Bob, much appreciated.

Tom

Back