All my kit stolen - Croydon UK. D7000, 4 lenses + flash and my tablet

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Came home from work last night to find the front door kicked in.

They had my entire camera bag, my D7000, my 35/50 f/1.8 and 70mm f/2.8 primes and my 24-70 f/2.8 Sigma, my SB-600, my Sony Xperia Z tablet and a few other bits.

Really gutted.

On Sunday we are due out of Southampton on a cruise for a week to Norway. I bought myself a (reportedly) nice Tokina 12-28mm F4 that just came out to take some nice shots of the Fjords and so on.

That lens arrived this morning just after the police left. (Only about 52 hours from when I ordered it, well done DigitalRev even if you did mark the package fraudulently as Digital camera £36).

And then about 20 minutes later the new camera bag arrived I got off ebay so that I didn't have to lug my massive bag around. So now I have a nice lens, a nice bag, and no camera or cards lol.

My brother and a few friends have offered all their kit for my holiday which makes me nearly cry just thinking about it, but all shoot Canon so not only are all the buttons in the wrong place (;)) but I can't test my new lens.

I'll get some serial numbers up later, but I don't expect to see them again.

If there is anyone in the Croydon area with a Nikon camera that would allow me to just take some test shots with the lens to check it isn't a loaf of bread I'd really appreciate it but I understand if people don't want to.

To top it all off, I got a letter this morning informing me that I'll be doing Jury Duty in October. Joy.

EDIT:

EDIT:

Nikon D7000 DSLR #6184205
Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX lens #2620787
Nikon 50mm f/1.8D lens #0563681
Sigma EX DG 70mm f/2.8 Macro lens #1028400
Sigma EX DG 24-70mm f/2.8 lens #4009822

Meike Battery Grip

Nikon SB-600 Flash
Kenko extension tubes
2x 16GB Sandisk Extreme Digital SD cards

Sony Xperia Z tablet S/N CB5A1Q9LFU

Last edited:
Darren,

I know exactly how you feel pal. Same thing happened to us 4 weeks ago today. Got home from work, back door smashed, house like a bomb site (more than usual), camera bag with full canon gear, lenses etc etc etc, laptop, all my wife's jewellery, 3 of my watches, and other bits and bobs all gone !! It's a gut wrenching feeling to think some *******s just think they can do/take what they like.
Like yourself I had a good hand offered to me by a forum member I'd never met or spoken to before, who has loaned me some kit until I can get sorted or want to buy it. It's amazing how kind some people are when others are in a crap place. So hopefully someone here can offer you some help too.

Chin up mate.

I know its unlikely but I really hope you get your stuff back.

Rich

Really sorry to hear your news. Hopefully they will get caught and you can get your gear back. Will keep an eye on these serial numbers. I m located in Brighton by the way if you would like to test your lens, I have a d800

Last edited:
Sorry to here about your stuff, I had a camera I mistakenly left under the passenger seat of my car on the way to a uni. exam, which went AWOL. I didn't even notice the car had been broken into until I worked out the rushing noise was the bent out of shape door not sealed properly anymore.

I did eventually get it back though, so don't give up on seeing the kit again.

The police suggested touring the local cash converters and the like as that's where the techie gear tends to end up around here (Edinburgh).

Good luck :)

No word on any of the gear. The Police have given serial numbers to various chains to check against trade ins.

I have to Say Aviva my home insurer and IVAL, the people they assigned to deal with the photography gear, have been excellent in every respect. Someone less scrupulous than I could have gotten far more out of them considering how little they have asked from me.

Now it's just trying to help my wife deal with it. That's been the biggest issue and we weren't even in the house when it happened.

lets hope you are on the jury when the scum are brought to court, chin up and good luck to you both.

lets hope you are on the jury when the scum are brought to court, chin up and good luck to you both.

I should think that if that were the case you wouldn't be allowed on the jury, but wouldn't it be great if it could happen. Hope you get your kit back although it sounds as if your insurance company was up to scratch. Having been burgled I know what it feels like.

Hi,

Probably this is not about your D7000, but one never knows. Yesterday I found this on the internet on a French ad site and I thought that 500€ for the whole set is a little fishy.
It's a Nikon d7000 with 4 or 6 lenses just like you describe.

http://www.paruvendu.fr/annonces/high-tech/nikon-d7000-162-mp-argentat-19400/1183999947A1KBMUPV000

I wrote to the seller and he appeared to live in the UK (why sell in France if you live in the UK?) Without answering my questions he immediatly started to talk about me sending him the money and proposed a very strange way to do the transaction, but since I believe it's a stolen camera, I wouldn't have bought it anyway.

Please let me know what you think of this. Don't you think the price is far too low for a D7000 with this complete kit bought a year ago???

Last edited:
£500 for it all? Sounds fishy for sure.

If anyone could get the seller to take a recent picture with it & check the exif, it would sure help. (be it Darren, or maybe someone else)

Noticed the date on that ad; Dernière mise à jour le 04/07/2013 à 11:23
Is that the date it was listed? (5 weeks before Darrens post)

Noticed the date on that ad; Dernière mise à jour le 04/07/2013 à 11:23
Is that the date it was listed? (5 weeks before Darrens post)

That's correct......Dernière mise à jour = last update. The listing predated the theft.

Bob

Really sorry to hear your news (more than one of you too).
It really sucks.

I would check Gumtree (if you haven't already). THere are some D7000s on there and some don't have the boxes etc.

I hope you get your gear back.

Back